'Canes Recall Brown from Charlotte
RALEIGH, NC - Don Waddell, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League's Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has recalled forward Patrick Brown from the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League (AHL) on an emergency basis.
Brown, 26, registered 35 points (19g, 16a) in 70 games with Charlotte this season. The 5'11", 214-pound forward set AHL career highs in goals, points, power-play goals (5) and game-winning goals (3) in 2018-19 and ranked tied for fourth on the team in goals and power-play goals. Brown has earned 125 points (53g, 72a) in 334 career AHL games. The Bloomfield Hills, Mich., native has earned two points (1g, 1a) in 28 career NHL games with the Hurricanes.
The Hurricanes host the Washington Capitals in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference First Round on Thursday at PNC Arena. For information about 2019 Hurricanes playoff tickets, please visit www.CarolinaHurricanes.com/tickets, or call 1-866-NHL-CANES (1-866-645-2263).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 16, 2019
- San Diego Gulls 2018-19 Season Review - San Diego Gulls
- Roadrunners Invite Fans to Paint the Ice this Friday Night - Tucson Roadrunners
- San Diego Gulls Announce First Round TV and Radio Broadcast Schedule - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego Gulls Announce Flagship Partnership with iHeartMedia San Diego for 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs - San Diego Gulls
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- 'Canes Recall Brown from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Bears Weekly: Hershey Opens Calder Cup Playoffs Versus Bridgeport - Hershey Bears
- Monsters Sign Goaltender Jeff Smith to Professional Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Rochester's Zach Redmond Wins AHL's Eddie Shore Award - AHL
- Redmond Named Winner of Eddie Shore Award as AHL's Outstanding Defenseman - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Griffins Add Larsson on ATO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Berdin and Maclise Reassigned to Jacksonville - Manitoba Moose
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.