'Canes Acquire Erik Haula from Vegas
RALEIGH, NC - Don Waddell, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League's Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has acquired forward Erik Haula from the Vegas Golden Knights in exchange for forward Nicolas Roy and a conditional fifth-round selection in the 2020 NHL Draft.
"Erik is a skilled, experienced player who has been productive at even strength and on special teams," said Waddell. "We expect him to be healthy and ready to go for training camp."
Haula, 28, registered seven points (2g, 5a) in 15 games with Vegas in 2018-19 before suffering a season-ending injury on Nov. 6 at Toronto. The 6'0", 193-pound forward was selected by the Golden Knights in the 2017 NHL Expansion Draft from the Wild. Haula posted career highs in goals (29), assists (26), points (55) and power-play goals (12) during the 2017-18 season. During the Golden Knights' run to the Stanley Cup Final in 2018, Haula tallied nine points (3g, 6a) in 20 games.
The Pori, Finland, native has recorded 151 points (73g, 78a) in 357 career regular season NHL games with Minnesota and Vegas. Haula has also earned 22 points (9g, 13a) in 44 career Stanley Cup Playoff games. He was teammates with Sebastian Aho and Teuvo Teravainen while playing for Finland at the 2016 World Cup of Hockey, and he also has represented his home country at the 2011 IIHF World Junior Championship and won silver at the 2014 IIHF World Championship. Haula was drafted by the Wild in the seventh round, 182nd overall, of the 2009 NHL Draft.
Roy, 22, registered 74 points (28g, 46a) in 141 career AHL games with Charlotte and played seven career NHL games with the Hurricanes.
For information about Hurricanes ticket packages for the 2019-20 season, please visit www.CarolinaHurricanes.com/tickets, or call 1-866-NHL-CANES (1-866-645-2263).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from June 27, 2019
- Prospect Camp Update: Developing, Young and "Old" - Tucson Roadrunners
- Rodewald Re-Signs with Senators - Belleville Senators
- Belleville Inks LaBate to Extension - Belleville Senators
- Griffins Re-Sign Goaltender Pat Nagle for One Year - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Ontario International Airport Named Presenting Sponsor for 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - Ontario Reign
- Book Your Group Outing For The IceHogs' 2019-20 Home Opener - Rockford IceHogs
- Ontario International Airport Named Presenting Sponsor of 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Monsters Sign Goaltender Brad Thiessen to One-Year AHL Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Sens Announce Hiring of Two Assistant Coaches - Belleville Senators
- 'Canes Acquire Erik Haula from Vegas - Charlotte Checkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.