Cam Johnson Recalled to Binghamton Devils
Glens Falls, NY - The Adirondack Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils, announced today that goaltender Cam Johnson has been recalled from his loan to the AHL's Binghamton Devils.
Johnson, 24, was a steady presence in net for Adirondack as he started nine of the past 11 games for the Thunder. The 6-foot-1 netminder posted a 2.49 GAA and 0.916 save percentage, placing himself in the top 10 in both categories of all ECHL goalies with at least five games played.
The Troy, Michigan native has appeared in seven total games for the Devils between the end of the last season and the beginning of this year. In four games during the 2018-2019 campaign, Johnson holds a 2-2-0 record with a 4.59 GAA and 0.846 save percentage.
Johnson signed a one-year, entry-level NHL contract with the New Jersey Devils at the end of last season after completing four years at the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks, ND. Johnson appeared in 102 games for the Fighting Hawks, with his best season coming during his 2015-16 sophomore campaign when he went 24-4-2 with a 1.66 GAA and 0.935 save percentage.
Adirondack is back in action for a pair of games this weekend. The team heads out to Manchester, NH to take on the Monarchs tomorrow night before coming home to face the Reading Royals Saturday evening. For the latest Thunder news, be sure to follow the team on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ECHLThunder) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/ECHLThunder).
Images from this story
Adirondack Thunder goaltender Cam Johnson
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 29, 2018
- ECHL Transactions - November 29 - ECHL
- Steelheads Sign Defenseman Geoff Crisfield - Idaho Steelheads
- Oilers Announce Change to Home Schedule - Tulsa Oilers
- Robertson Takes Leave of Absence, Placed on Suspension - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Inks Christophe Lalancette - Wichita Thunder
- Nailers Sign Mike Fazio - Wheeling Nailers
- Stanley Cup to Appear During All-Star Festivities - Toledo Walleye
- Stanley Cup Coming to 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Weekend - ECHL
- Gardiner Reassigned to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cam Johnson Recalled to Binghamton Devils - Adirondack Thunder
- Grizzlies Lose 6-5 in Shootout to Rapid City - Utah Grizzlies
- Mashinter's "Gordie Howe Hat Trick" Powers Rush to Shootout Win - Rapid City Rush
- 'Blades Sting Rays in 4-1 Win - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Adirondack Thunder Stories
- Riley Tabbed as Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week
- Thunder Donate More Than $25,000 to C.R. Wood Cancer Center
- Thunder Use Four Third-Period Goals to Crown Royals 6-3
- Riley Tells Growlers to Sit, Stay in 6-4 Thunder Win
- Thunder Send Growlers to Doghouse in 4-1 Win