Nailers Sign Mike Fazio
WHEELING, WV- The Wheeling Nailers, proud ECHL affiliate of the Pittsburgh Penguins, have announced a transaction, which takes effect immediately. Wheeling has signed forward Mike Fazio to an ECHL contract.
Fazio, 26, attended training camp with the Nailers, and scored the shootout winning goal in the team's second exhibition contest against the Cincinnati Cyclones. Mike started the regular season with the SPHL's Evansville Thunderbolts, recording one goal, eight assists, and nine points in 14 games. This is his second tour of duty with Evansville, as Fazio posted 15 points in 43 games with the Thunderbolts as a rookie last year. Prior to turning pro, the Bartlett, Illinois native attended the University of Wisconsin River Falls for four years. As a Falcon, Mike appeared in 103 games, tallying 18 goals, 20 assists, and 38 points.
The Nailers return home for two games this weekend. Friday night at 7:05 is a Frosty Friday with $2 beers, as Wheeling hosts the Indy Fuel. Saturday is Nailers Fight Cancer Night against Kalamazoo at 7:05, with all proceeds going to the Mario Lemieux Foundation. The next big promotional game is NailerMania on December 15th, starring WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley. Teddy Bear Toss and Ugly Sweater Night will also be part of that fun-filled night. Family Four Packs are available for NailerMania, thanks to WTRF - for $60, fans get four tickets, four hats, and four McDonald's Meal Vouchers. 2018 Holiday Packages are now available as well. The Wheeling Nailers, considered one of the top things to do in Wheeling, West Virginia, provide affordable family entertainment for fans throughout the Ohio Valley. For information on season tickets, group tickets, flex plans, and more, call (304) 234-GOAL.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 29, 2018
- ECHL Transactions - November 29 - ECHL
- Steelheads Sign Defenseman Geoff Crisfield - Idaho Steelheads
- Oilers Announce Change to Home Schedule - Tulsa Oilers
- Robertson Takes Leave of Absence, Placed on Suspension - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Inks Christophe Lalancette - Wichita Thunder
- Nailers Sign Mike Fazio - Wheeling Nailers
- Stanley Cup to Appear During All-Star Festivities - Toledo Walleye
- Stanley Cup Coming to 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Weekend - ECHL
- Gardiner Reassigned to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cam Johnson Recalled to Binghamton Devils - Adirondack Thunder
- Grizzlies Lose 6-5 in Shootout to Rapid City - Utah Grizzlies
- Mashinter's "Gordie Howe Hat Trick" Powers Rush to Shootout Win - Rapid City Rush
- 'Blades Sting Rays in 4-1 Win - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.