Thunder Inks Christophe Lalancette
Wichita, KS - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, announced today the signing of forward Christophe Lalancette (LAH-lahn-set).
Lalancette, 24, started the season with the Orlando Solar Bears and the Allen Americans. A native of Roberval, Quebec, the 6-foot, 180-pound forward is a former fourth round draft pick of the San Jose Sharks (#109 overall) in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
He turned pro in 2015-16 and played three seasons for the Tulsa Oilers. During his rookie campaign, he notched 37 points (12g, 25a) in 63 games. Overall, he has collected 75 points (23g, 52a) in 157 games in the ECHL.
Prior to turning pro, Lalancette played a four-year junior career in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League for Acadie-Bathurst and Drummondville. In 2013-14, he registered 59 points (16g, 43a), which was his career-high. He finished his junior career with 190 points (61g, 129a) in 237 games.
The Thunder hits the road for the next three games, starting Friday in Texas against the Allen Americans at 7:05 p.m.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Season tickets are still available for purchase. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 29, 2018
- ECHL Transactions - November 29 - ECHL
- Steelheads Sign Defenseman Geoff Crisfield - Idaho Steelheads
- Oilers Announce Change to Home Schedule - Tulsa Oilers
- Robertson Takes Leave of Absence, Placed on Suspension - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Inks Christophe Lalancette - Wichita Thunder
- Nailers Sign Mike Fazio - Wheeling Nailers
- Stanley Cup to Appear During All-Star Festivities - Toledo Walleye
- Stanley Cup Coming to 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Weekend - ECHL
- Gardiner Reassigned to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cam Johnson Recalled to Binghamton Devils - Adirondack Thunder
- Grizzlies Lose 6-5 in Shootout to Rapid City - Utah Grizzlies
- Mashinter's "Gordie Howe Hat Trick" Powers Rush to Shootout Win - Rapid City Rush
- 'Blades Sting Rays in 4-1 Win - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.