Calgary Hitmen Eliminated from 2010 Mastercard Memorial Cup
Brandon, MB - Jay Fehr scored at 3:16 of overtime as the Brandon Wheat Kings beat the Calgary Hitmen 5-4 in the semi-final game Friday night at the 2010 MasterCard Memorial Cup.
The loss ends the season for the Western Hockey League Champion Hitmen while the host Wheat Kings advance to Sunday's MasterCard Memorial Cup Final against the Windsor Spitfires.
It a was a see-saw affair with the Hitmen building leads of 2-0 and 3-1 then battling back from a 4-3 third period deficit to force overtime.
Joel Broda, Ian Schultz, Tyler Fiddler and Misha Fisenko all scored for Calgary while Brandon Kozun chipped in a pair of assists.
Brandon outshot Calgary 48-29.
Fans wanting to welcome the Hitmen back to Calgary are invited to stop by the Pengrowth Saddledome Saturday afternoon between 12:30 and 1:00 p.m. as the bus will be arriving sometime in that time slot.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from May 22, 2010
- Memorial Cup Jersey Action Continues - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Wheat Kings' Commemorative Jersey Auction Closes Tuesday Night - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Eberle named CHL Player of the Year - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Bast Named Sportsman Of The Year - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Jordan Eberle is the CHL Player of the Year - Regina Pats
- Wheat Kings Set for Rematch - Brandon Wheat Kings
- EA Sports NHL 11 to Include All Teams and Players from the WHL, OHL and QMJHL - Kelowna Rockets
- Championship Final Tickets Added - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Wheat Kings Score Semi Final Win - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Calgary Hitmen Eliminated from 2010 Mastercard Memorial Cup - Calgary Hitmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.