Wheat Kings' Commemorative Jersey Auction Closes Tuesday Night
Brandon, MB - The Brandon Wheat Kings in association with the Canadian Hockey League today announced that as of Saturday night, over $19,000 has been raised through online auction by fans bidding on the game-worn and game-issued commemorative jerseys worn by the host Brandon Wheat Kings in the opening game of the 2010 MasterCard Memorial Cup.
The online auction, which also features two jerseys signed by Don Cherry and Ron MacLean, will close on Tuesday May 25, 2010, at 9:00 pm central.
The commemorative jerseys for Wheat Kings' players Matt Calvert, Toni Rajala, and Brayden Schenn have already raised more than $1,000 each!
Please visit www.mastercardmemorialcup.com to place a bid before the auction closes Tuesday night.
Proceeds from the auction will go towards the Dominion Command Poppy Trust Fund. Poppy funds are spent to support veterans and their families, buy hospital equipment, support cadet groups, and provide student bursaries.
The commemorative jerseys were designed by the CHL in conjunction with the Brandon Wheat Kings in honour of the Canadian Army, specifically the men and women past, present, and future of CFB Shilo. CFB Shilo is Manitoba's only army base and is located approximately 20 minutes from the Keystone Centre.
The Memorial Cup was donated in 1919 by the Ontario Hockey Association as a memorial to those young men and women who had been given their lives in the defence of Canada during World War I. The prestigious trophy will be presented for the 92nd time Sunday when the host Wheat Kings face the defending champion Windsor Spitfires at 6:00 pm central live on Rogers Sportsnet, RDS, and the NHL Network in the United States.
For more information about the 2010 MasterCard Memorial Cup and to preview the commemorative jerseys please visit www.mastercardmemorialcup.com
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from May 22, 2010
- Memorial Cup Jersey Action Continues - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Wheat Kings' Commemorative Jersey Auction Closes Tuesday Night - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Eberle named CHL Player of the Year - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Bast Named Sportsman Of The Year - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Jordan Eberle is the CHL Player of the Year - Regina Pats
- Wheat Kings Set for Rematch - Brandon Wheat Kings
- EA Sports NHL 11 to Include All Teams and Players from the WHL, OHL and QMJHL - Kelowna Rockets
- Championship Final Tickets Added - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Wheat Kings Score Semi Final Win - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Calgary Hitmen Eliminated from 2010 Mastercard Memorial Cup - Calgary Hitmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.