Broncos Edge WhiteWings
Harlingen, TX - The Laredo Broncos (35-39) scored thee runs in the sixth inning to erase a 3-1 deficit and beat the Harlingen WhiteWings (18-52) 4-3 tonight at Harlingen Field.
The WhiteWings got to Dan Sausville (3-3) with one out in the first. Amadeo Zazueta was hit by a pitch and David Cardona singled. Ryan Fox followed with an RBI-double and Joel Gonzalez hit a two-run single to make it 3-0.
The Broncos got to Bryan Herrera (0-3) in the fourth with one out when Edgard Clemente walked and Dwayne White reached on an error, allowing Clemente to go to third. Arnoldo Ponce followed with a sacrifice fly to make it 3-1.
In the sixth, Luany Sanchez and Clemente singled, moving up a base each when the ball was bobbled in left field. Dwayne White struck, but the ball got away and the throw went to third to stop Sanchez from trying to score. One out later, Matt Imwalle hit a two-run double and Ben Tinius hit an RBI-single to make it 4-3 Broncos.
David Watkins pitched a scoreless ninth for his second save.
The WhiteWings and Broncos play for the final time this season tomorrow night at 7:05. Right-hander Brock Nehls (0-1) will face left-hander Sean Donlin (2-4). It will be the third of nine-straight free home games to close out the season.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from July 31, 2008
- Three-run homers lead Coyotes to doubleheader sweep over Colts - San Angelo Colts
- Coyotes complete double header sweep - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Colts bats go quiet in Game 1 loss - San Angelo Colts
- Aces cruise to victory - Alexandria Aces
- Broncos Nip WhiteWings in Middle Game of Series - Laredo Broncos
- Broncos Edge WhiteWings - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Jones, Mondesir Lift Coyotes Past Colts - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Coyotes Lend a Helping Hand - Edinburg Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.