Broncos Acquire Kelowna's Top Scorer
Swift Current, SK---Swift Current Broncos General Manager Mark Lamb has announced the club has acquired forward Stepan Novotny and prospect Tanner Clark from the Kelowna Rockets in exchange for forward Geordie Wudrick.
Novotny, 19 years old, from Prague, Czech Republic is currently leading the Rockets in scoring with 14 goals and 25 points in 23 games. Last season he had 41 points in 65 games in his first WHL season. He is 6'2 and 194 pounds. Prior to last season Novotny played for the Indiana Ice of the USHL.
Clark, hails from Rosetown, SK and is a 5'11" and 160 pounds defenseman. Last season he played with the Moose Jaw Warriors AAA midget team, he has recently joined the Humboldt Broncos of the SJHL. The Rockets selected Clark in the 3rd round of the 2008 bantam draft, 54th over-all.
"We are excited to be able to obtain a player of Novoty's caliber," comments Mark Lamb, "he has had a good first quarter of the season in Kelowna and we look for him to continue his strong play here. We are also pleased to add Tanner Clark into our prospect system."
Wudrick departs Swift Current after 4 seasons with the Broncos, he was the club's highest ever draft pick, selected # 2 over-all in 2005. He has 14 points in 23 games this season.
Lamb adds: "We would like to thank Geordie for the contributions he has made to the hockey club and wish him the best of luck in Kelowna."
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from November 16, 2009
- Hitmen In Moose Jaw Wednesday, Brandon Friday, Host Spokane Sunday - Calgary Hitmen
- Weekly Ice Report - Kootenay Ice
- Chiefs Hit The Road This Weekend - Spokane Chiefs
- Rockets Make Trade - Kelowna Rockets
- Portland Winterhawks This Week - Portland Winterhawks
- Kamloops Blazers Week In Review - Kamloops Blazers
- Broncos Acquire Kelowna's Top Scorer - Swift Current Broncos
- Legends At The Rink On Renfrew - Vancouver Giants
- Hurricanes Weekly - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Pats Weekly - Regina Pats
- Wheat Kings' Matt Calvert Named Boston Pizza WHL Player Of The Week - WHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Swift Current Broncos Stories
- Broncos Sign Karson King to WHL Standard Player Agreement
- Twelve Broncos Alumni Open up 2020-21 NHL Training Camps
- Broncos Make Donation to Southwest Newcomer Welcome Centre Following T's for Toys Initiative
- Broncos Acquire Defenceman Cayde Augustine from Moose Jaw
- Prospect Profile: Devin Aubin