Bossart's Big Hit Propels Ponies to Win over Cats
Manchester, NH - The Binghamton Rumble Ponies (27-39, 62-68) snapped a three-game skid and beat the New Hampshire Fisher Cats 4-2 on Saturday night at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium. Austin Bossart had the go-ahead two-run double with two out in the eighth that scored Edgardo Fermin and Patrick Mazeika.
In the eighth, Fermin led off with a single against Joey Pulido. Later in the frame, with two outs Pulido was replaced by LHP Jake Fishman. Fishman hit Mazeika with a pitch setting up first and second with two out. That brought Bossart to the plate and on a 3-2 pitch he delivered the go-ahead hit. Bossart now has three RBI over his last two games.
Andres Gimenez started the Rumble Ponies scoring in the first with a two-run homer, his eighth of the year. It was also Gimenez second long ball this week.
New Hampshire (29-35, 60-71) tied the game with two in the bottom of the second off Ponies starter David Peterson. Peterson would only allow those two runs over five and a third innings with no walks and four strikeouts in the no-decision. Ryder Ryan (3-1) got the win with two and two thirds scoreless frames in which he allowed one hit and struck out four. Adonis Uceta closed out the ninth for his sixth save of the year.
The Rumble Ponies play their final road game of the regular season Sunday as they close out the four-game set against the Fisher Cats. RHP Zach Lee will start for the Ponies facing RHP Joey Murray. First pitch is at 1:35PM on Newsradio 1290 WNBF and on the Binghamton Rumble Ponies channel on TuneIn. The Horizons Federal Credit Union pregame show begins at 1:20PM.
POSTGAME NOTES: The Ponies won despite being out-hit by the Cats 7-5...New Hampshire's Logan Warmoth finished 3-4.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from August 24, 2019
- RubberDucks Score Game's Only Runs in the Fifth for 2-0 Victory - Akron RubberDucks
- First Place SeaWolves Take Down Senators in 11 - Erie SeaWolves
- Bossart's Big Hit Propels Ponies to Win over Cats - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Fisher Cats' Playoff Hopes Take a Hit with 4-2 Loss on Saturday - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Crab Cakes Come Back, 3-2 - Bowie Baysox
- Flying Squirrels Blanked by 'Ducks on Saturday Night - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- 11-Inning Loss Breaks Streak - Harrisburg Senators
- Santos' Electric Fastball Stokes Goats' Playoff Hopes - Hartford Yard Goats
- Fightins Downed 9-4, Still Lead East - Reading Fightin Phils
- Perez Powers Baysox Past Curve - Altoona Curve
- It Only Takes One: Wade and 'Dogs Beat Trenton 1-0 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Thunder Bats Blanked in Portland - Trenton Thunder
- Erie SeaWolves at Harrisburg Senators - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Limited Tickets Remain Tonight - Akron RubberDucks
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes #130: Binghamton Rumble Ponies (26-39, 61-68) at New Hampshire Fisher Cats (29-34, 60-70) - 7:05PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes August 24th vs. Trenton - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.