Booyah Score Six Times in Win over Rapids
Ashwaubenon, WI - The bats finally came alive at home in a 6-4 win over the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters, snapping Green Bay's three game losing skid.
The Booyah struck first in the first inning, with Justin Greene scoring on an RBI single from Nick Kreutzer. Kreutzer finished the day 2-3, picking up two singles. The Booyah only let the lead go one time, and came back to score five runs in three innings. Blaise Maris recorded two hits, scoring one run and having a perfect fielding percentage behind the plate. Cooper Morrison went 1-3, picking up two walks and scoring once on the night.
On the mound, Will Saxton started for Green Bay, going two innings and giving up one run. Logan Lee also went two innings, giving up one hit and one run. Picking up the win for Green Bay was Luke Wallner, evening his record at 1-1 on the season. Wallner went three innings, gave up two runs for the first time all season out of the bullpen. Chandler Ingram was the fourth pitcher of the game for Green Bay, going an inning and two-thirds, retiring the first five batters he faced. Tanner Lane came in to close the game out in the ninth, recording one out and picking up the save for the Booyah.
Green Bay looks for a win streak to start tomorrow on the road at Fond du Lac. The Dock Spiders (11-14), send Jon Young to the mound. Young takes on Chris Jefferson for the Booyah, and first pitch is slated for a 6:35 p.m. start time.
Capital Credit Union Park features over 1,500 free parking spots within a 5 minute walk. Visit booyahbaseball.com for details.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 21, 2019
- Holgate's big day helps Loggers roll past Huskies 14-3 - La Crosse Loggers
- Rodriguez Collects Milestone Win, Rox Sweep Larks in North Dakota - St. Cloud Rox
- Rafters Drop Series Finale with Booyah - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Lakeshore Unable to Overcome Woodchucks - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Booyah Score Six Times in Win over Rapids - Green Bay Booyah
- Stingers Lose to Rochester - Willmar Stingers
- Mallards Sweep Dock Spiders with 9-5 Win - Madison Mallards
- Huskies Win 2-0 in Extras - Duluth Huskies
- Bombers Fail to Capitalize on Eight Hits, Fall to Pit Spitters - Battle Creek Bombers
- Dock Spiders Can't Overcome Early Deficit - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Woodchucks Split Series with Chinooks After Kenny Rodriguez Drives in Four Runs - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Bucks Fall 3-2 in Pitcher's Duel - Waterloo Bucks
- Another tough week for the Huskies - Duluth Huskies
- Rafters Close Series with Booyah in Green Bay - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Booyah Stories
- Booyah to Hold First Winter Warmup Event on January 9th
- Booyah Announce 2020 Northwoods League Schedule
- Booyah Bring Back Six Players from 2019
- Tom Carty Inks Contract for Second Season
- Booyah & Voyageurs Announce Ticket Package Pricing and Renewal Information for 2020 Season