Boomers Rally Late to Take Down Joliet
JOLIET, IL - The Schaumburg Boomers, presented by Wintrust Community Banks, scored four runs with two outs late in the game to break a 19.1 inning scoreless streak and rally to a 4-1 win over the Joliet Slammers on the road Saturday night.
Joliet plated a single run in the fourth against Schaumburg starter Aaron Rozek, who did not factor in the decision, working five innings while allowing just three hits with four strikeouts. Schaumburg stayed the course, creating chances in every inning before busting through in the eighth against the Joliet bullpen and former Schaumburg hurler Isaac Sanchez. Quincy Nieporte opened the inning with a single and with two outs, pinch hitter Dylan Jones drew a walk. Connor Oliver throttled a two-run double to deep right and Jack Parenty added an RBI single. Nick Oddo singled home Nieporte, who doubled, for an insurance run in the ninth.
Connor Eller worked the ninth to nail down his third save in as many chances to start the season. Taylor Goshen picked up the win, throwing two scoreless innings against his former team. Dylan Stutsman struck out the side in the eighth. The Boomers finished with a season high 10 hits including three from Oddo and two each from Parenty and Nieporte.
The Boomers (4-4) conclude the series on Sunday afternoon at 1:05 p.m. RHP Jack Landwehr (0-0, 3.00), a Mt. Prospect native, starts for Schaumburg against RHP Scot Hoffman (2-0, 0.00). The Boomers return home following the weekend to begin a long seven-game homestand. Visit boomersbaseball.com for tickets or call 847-461-3695.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from May 18, 2019
- Grizzlies Outlast Rascals in 10, Even Series - Gateway Grizzlies
- Rascals Fall 7-5 in Extras - River City Rascals
- Freedom Take Middle Game over Otters - Florence Y'alls
- Otters Can't Overcome Freedom's Big Seventh - Evansville Otters
- Boomers Score Late, Take Game Two - Joliet Slammers
- Boomers Rally Late to Take Down Joliet - Schaumburg Boomers
- Wild Things Fall to Crushers 3-2 in Middle Game - Washington Wild Things
- Miners Shut out ThunderBolts to Take Series - Southern Illinois Miners
- ThunderBolts Shutout in Middle Game at Southern Illinois - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Crushers outlast Wild Things - Lake Erie Crushers
- Avery Makes Magic as Miners Walk off over Windy City - Southern Illinois Miners
- Washington Drops Home Opener to Crushers - Washington Wild Things
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.