Blue Jackets Assign Francis to Fort Wayne; Rechlicz Added to Roster
Fort Wayne, IN | Wednesday, Nov. 3, 2010 --- The Komets announced Wednesday that center Chris Francis and right winger Marc Rechlicz have been added to the Fort Wayne roster.
Francis, 21, was signed as a free agent during the summer by the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets and started the 2010-11 campaign with the Blue Jacket's AHL affiliate, the Springfield Falcons, where he appeared in four games registering a goal and two points. The rookie center completed four seasons of juniors play with the Portland Winterhawks of the Western Hockey League (WHL) last year. During 2009-10 Francis led Portland for the second straight year in assists (56) and points (82). Francis hails from Las Vegas, Nevada (5-9, 189 lbs.).
Rechlicz, 22, is beginning his third pro year after stints with Johnstown (ECHL) and Quad City (IHL) last season. During 2009-10 the right winger scored a goal and three points in 68 games with Quad City while ranking second on the Mallards with 170 penalty minutes. Rechlicz began his career in the CHL with Odessa appearing in 15 games during 2008-09. Rechlicz is a native of Milwaukee, Wisconsin (6-4, 193lbs.)
Francis and Rechlicz are both in Fort Wayne and are expected to be in the lineup when the Komets are back in action on Coliseum ice this Friday and Saturday nights for a home double-header weekend.
Friday the Komets host the Bloomington PrairieThunder at 8pm. Saturday the Komets welcome Evansville for the IceMen's first ever game in Fort Wayne at 7:30pm.
Ward, Fletcher placed on waivers.....The Komets also announced Wednesday that forwards Matt Ward and Tyler Fletcher have been placed on waivers. Ward and Fletcher each were members of the Komets' training camp and appeared in the first four games of the season with Fort Wayne.
Friday night Marathon Nights.....Friday nights are Marathon Nights at Komet home games. Fans can take advantage of a buy-one-get-one-free ticket offer with three fill-ups when the Komets host the Bloomington PrairieThunder this Friday, Nov. 5 at 8pm. Fill Up Cards are available at participating Marathon stations.
Great seats available.....Tickets for all Komet home games are on sale at the Coliseum Ticket Office and online at www.ticketmaster.com. The Komets offer discounts on group tickets sold at the Komet office at 1010 Memorial Way. For more information visit the Komet office, call 260-483-0011 or visit the Komets' website at www.komets.com.
All games on WOWO AM 1190.....Bob Chase is back for his 58th consecutive season behind the Komet microphone broadcasting radio-rinkside. All games broadcast this year can be heard on News Talk 1190 WOWO and webcast at www.komets.com at Xfinity KometCast .
Komets.com....the official website for the Fort Wayne Komets is www.komets.com. In addition to live gamecasts, the Komets' home on the web also features news, stats, interactive fan features and information as well as real-time scoring via the CHL and Pointstreak.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 3, 2010
- Sundogs Add D-Man Driscoll, Waive Kane - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks Announce Partnership with Ticketmaster - Kansas City Mavericks
- Season Ticket Deadline Looms - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Acquire Hazelwood, Release One - Laredo Bucks
- Brahmas Make Trade for Scorer Todd Griffith - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Colorado's Riley Nelson Named Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Player of the Month - CHL
- Special Veterans Day Promotion with the Gems - Dayton Gems
- Killer Bees Players to Participate in "Movember" - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Bes on Brink of 1,000; Bucks Host Rush Friday - Laredo Bucks
- Blue Jackets Assign Francis to Fort Wayne; Rechlicz Added to Roster - Fort Wayne Komets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Komets Stories
- Komets Hammer Nailers 7-3
- Morrison Reassigned to Komets, McKenzie Returns to Fort Wayne Lineup
- Komets Ground Wings in Season Opener 5-2; Wheeling Visits Friday, Walleye Invade Saturday
- Komets Launch 68th Season Saturday; Arich Rival Wings Visit for Opener
- Komets Make Roster Moves