Killer Bees Players to Participate in "Movember"
The players of the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees are proud to announce on Wednesday that they will be taking place in the annual "Movember" drive for awareness for Prostate Cancer. Led by captain Zak McClellan the entire team has agreed to take part in the drive this year.
The idea for Movember was spawned in 2003 in Australia.
"Movember challenges men to change their appearance and the face of men's health by growing a mustache. The rules are simple, start Movember 1st clean-shaven and then grow a mustache for the entire month. The mustache becomes the ribbon for men's health, the means by which awareness and funds are raised for cancers that affect men. " according to the official website.
Captain Zak McClellan helped to spearhead the movement with the Bees.
"When I first heard about the Movember movement a few years ago I felt it was something we should always do. I talked with the team this year, and everyone is on board for growing a vicious mustache not only to help scare away cancer, but also our opponents, so go donate.and help our muzzies get a little more fuzzy!!!" said McClellan.
Killer Bees fans are encouraged to participate as well either by growing their own mustache or by donating. When making a donation fans can donate by visiting http://us.movember.com and searching for 'RGV Killer Bees'. All proceeds go directly to the Prostate Cancer Foundation and the LIVESTRONG Foundation. Fans can also keep tabs on their favorite players mustaches throughout the month on killerbeehockey.com where a running photo diary will be kept.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 3, 2010
- Sundogs Add D-Man Driscoll, Waive Kane - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks Announce Partnership with Ticketmaster - Kansas City Mavericks
- Season Ticket Deadline Looms - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Acquire Hazelwood, Release One - Laredo Bucks
- Brahmas Make Trade for Scorer Todd Griffith - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Colorado's Riley Nelson Named Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Player of the Month - CHL
- Special Veterans Day Promotion with the Gems - Dayton Gems
- Killer Bees Players to Participate in "Movember" - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Bes on Brink of 1,000; Bucks Host Rush Friday - Laredo Bucks
- Blue Jackets Assign Francis to Fort Wayne; Rechlicz Added to Roster - Fort Wayne Komets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.