Brahmas Make Trade for Scorer Todd Griffith
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, Texas (November 3)- The Texas Brahmas offense received a boost Wednesday afternoon after acquiring forward Todd Griffith from the Laredo Bucks in exchange for Jeff Hazelwood.
Griffith played 33 games for the Bucks last season registering 27 points (12 G, 15 A) before making a tear in the Central Hockey League (CHL) postseason. In the playoffs, Griffith led all Laredo scorers with nine points (6 G, 3 A) in 7 games. The Texas system is well aware of the numbers the 25-year-old center can put up as he tallied five points (4 G, 1 A) in five games against the Brahmas last season.
The Welland, ONT native has seen action in the ECHL (East Coast Hockey League) where he had 103 points (55 G, 48 A) in 130 games with the Bakersfield Condors, South Carolina Stingrays and Johnstown Chiefs. Before joining the Bucks last season, Griffith was playing his second stint with the Newcastle Vipers (EIHL) where he amassed 27 points (17 G, 10 A) in 37 games.
Following his four year junior career in the OHL, Griffith joined the Bucks in their postseason run in 2006, familiarizing himself with the CHL. With his amateur status, he had three points (2 G, 1 A) in seven games.
In exchange for Griffith, the Brahmas sent forward Jeff Hazelwood to Laredo. Hazelwood had one goal in three games with Texas before getting sidelined on the 10-day IR retroactive to October 23.
After a two game series sweep of the Sundogs last weekend, Texas will face the desert dogs this Saturday as they host Arizona at the NYTEX Sports Centre for a 7:30 pm faceoff. For ticket information please contact the Brahmas Box Office at (817) 336-4423 or visit www.brahmas.com .
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 3, 2010
- Sundogs Add D-Man Driscoll, Waive Kane - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks Announce Partnership with Ticketmaster - Kansas City Mavericks
- Season Ticket Deadline Looms - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Acquire Hazelwood, Release One - Laredo Bucks
- Brahmas Make Trade for Scorer Todd Griffith - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Colorado's Riley Nelson Named Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Player of the Month - CHL
- Special Veterans Day Promotion with the Gems - Dayton Gems
- Killer Bees Players to Participate in "Movember" - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Bes on Brink of 1,000; Bucks Host Rush Friday - Laredo Bucks
- Blue Jackets Assign Francis to Fort Wayne; Rechlicz Added to Roster - Fort Wayne Komets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.