Colorado's Riley Nelson Named Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Player of the Month
November 3, 2010 - Central Hockey League (CHL) News Release
TEMPE, AZ (November 3, 2010) -The Central Hockey League announced today that forward Riley Nelson of the Colorado Eagles has been named the Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Player of the Month for October/2010. Nelson will receive a Sher-Wood/CHL logoed watch courtesy of Sher-Wood and the Central Hockey League to recognize his accomplishment.
Nelson has helped propel the Eagles to five straight wins and a spot at the top of the Turner Conference. His team finished the month of October with a 5-1-0 record and the Cranbrook, British Columbia native finished with five goals and seven assists. His 12 points are third in the CHL and his +9 plus/minus rating is second. The 5-9, 179-pound forward had multiple point efforts in his first five games of the season and has recorded at least a point in each of his six games played.
In his eighth season with the Eagles, Nelson was a member of the 2010 All-CHL Team and has recorded 602 points (236-366=602) in his 439 career games with Colorado.
Other players receiving consideration for the monthly award for October include Allen's Colton Yellow Horn and Nino Musitelli, Bloomington's Jason Dale, Bossier-Shreveport's David Rutherford and Justin Aikins, Colorado's Scott May, Laredo's Neil Tripp, Quad City's Zac Pearson, Rio Grande Valley's Tomas Klempa and Wichita's Jesse Bennefield.
Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Player of the Month
Riley Nelson, Colorado Eagles
Games - 6
Points - 12
Goals - 5
Assists - 7
Plus/Minus - +9
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 3, 2010
- Sundogs Add D-Man Driscoll, Waive Kane - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks Announce Partnership with Ticketmaster - Kansas City Mavericks
- Season Ticket Deadline Looms - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Acquire Hazelwood, Release One - Laredo Bucks
- Brahmas Make Trade for Scorer Todd Griffith - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Colorado's Riley Nelson Named Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Player of the Month - CHL
- Special Veterans Day Promotion with the Gems - Dayton Gems
- Killer Bees Players to Participate in "Movember" - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Bes on Brink of 1,000; Bucks Host Rush Friday - Laredo Bucks
- Blue Jackets Assign Francis to Fort Wayne; Rechlicz Added to Roster - Fort Wayne Komets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.