Sundogs Add D-Man Driscoll, Waive Kane
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. - Arizona Sundogs Head Coach and General Manager Marco Pietroniro announced today the team has signed defenseman Jim Driscoll and has waived defenseman Chris Kane.
Driscoll, 25, joins the Sundogs after completing a four-year career at Northeastern University.
The 5-foot-9, 188-pound blue liner registered a career-best seven points (2g/5a) and finished with a team-best plus-20 rating in 26 games during his final season with the Huskies in 2009-10, earning Northeastern All-Decade Team honors.
During the 2008-09 season, the Dedham, Massachusetts, native helped lead Northeastern University to the NCAA tournament for just the second time in school history, tying a school record with 25 victories as the team climbed as high as No. 2 in the country and finished second in the Hockey East regular season standings.
Prior to playing collegiately, Driscoll skated for four seasons with the Boston Junior Bruins of the Eastern Junior Hockey League (EJHL), recording 141 points (23g/118a) in 233 junior contests.
Kane, 25, appeared in six games with the Sundogs collecting 12 penalty minutes and a minus-1 rating.
Arizona (2-4-0) opens a season-long eight-game road trip against the Wichita Thunder on Friday, Nov. 5 at 5:05pm (Arizona time). Listen to the game live online at www.cattlecountryradio.com or on KDDL 'Cattle Country' 94.3FM, the Official Radio Home of Arizona Sundogs Hockey.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 3, 2010
- Sundogs Add D-Man Driscoll, Waive Kane - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks Announce Partnership with Ticketmaster - Kansas City Mavericks
- Season Ticket Deadline Looms - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Acquire Hazelwood, Release One - Laredo Bucks
- Brahmas Make Trade for Scorer Todd Griffith - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Colorado's Riley Nelson Named Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Player of the Month - CHL
- Special Veterans Day Promotion with the Gems - Dayton Gems
- Killer Bees Players to Participate in "Movember" - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Bes on Brink of 1,000; Bucks Host Rush Friday - Laredo Bucks
- Blue Jackets Assign Francis to Fort Wayne; Rechlicz Added to Roster - Fort Wayne Komets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.