Bucks Acquire Hazelwood, Release One
LAREDO, TX- The Laredo Bucks of the Central Hockey League announced Wednesday that they have acquired forward Jeff Hazelwood from the Texas Brahmas in exchange for the rights to forward Todd Griffith. Hazelwood is expected to be in the lineup Friday when the Bucks host defending President's Cup Champion Rapid City.
With the addition of Hazelwood the Bucks released rookie defenseman Kyle Searle.
The 25-year-old Hazelwood, who was activated from the 10-day IR Wednesday, played in three games for the Brahmas this season scoring one point (1-01).
"I've been looking for another scorer to get three lines going and Hazelwood is the right fit," said Bucks President/General Manager and Head Coach Terry Ruskowski. "We think he can come in here and put up some points for us. He's quick and can make plays."
Last season the 6'0'', 185 pound Hazelwood spent his rookie season with the Las Vegas Wranglers (ECHL) putting up 20 points (8-1220) in 53 games.
The Dublin, California Native played four years of college hockey from 2005-2009 splitting time with St. Norbert College and Curry College, both NCAA Division three schools. In four seasons Hazelwood put up 159 points (67-92159) in 113 collegiate games.
Prior to college Hazelwood played two seasons of junior hockey in the USHL and NAHL.
GRIFFITH DEALT TO BRAHMAS
Griffith heads to the Brahmas after scoring 27 points (12-1527) in 33 games for the Bucks last season. In the Bucks seven game playoff loss to Allen last season Griffith put up nine points (6-39).
Searle played in six games for the Bucks and did not register any points and picked up two PIM's.
BUCKS HOST CHL CHAMPION RUSH NOV 5th-6th
The Bucks will continue their season-high five-game home stand on November 5th and 6th when they host defending President's Cup Champion Rapid City.
On Friday November 5 the Bucks host the Rush with group tickets starting at just $10. On Saturday November 6 the first 1,000 fans receive a FREE, EXCLUSIVE Bucks Pen Holder. Group tickets start at just $10. Call 718-BUCK (2825), go to ticketmaster.com or visit the LEA box office to purchase tickets.
BUCKS BATTLE RIVAL 'BUGS ON NOV. 9th
The Bucks will host their bitter rivals the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs on Tuesday November 9th. Group tickets start at just $10. Call 718-BUCK (2825), go to ticketmaster.com or visit the LEA box office to purchase tickets.
2010-11 BUCKS SEASON TICKETS
Contact your personal Bucks representative or call 718-BUCK (2825) today to get your 2010-11 Bucks season tickets!
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 3, 2010
- Sundogs Add D-Man Driscoll, Waive Kane - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks Announce Partnership with Ticketmaster - Kansas City Mavericks
- Season Ticket Deadline Looms - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Acquire Hazelwood, Release One - Laredo Bucks
- Brahmas Make Trade for Scorer Todd Griffith - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Colorado's Riley Nelson Named Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Player of the Month - CHL
- Special Veterans Day Promotion with the Gems - Dayton Gems
- Killer Bees Players to Participate in "Movember" - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Bes on Brink of 1,000; Bucks Host Rush Friday - Laredo Bucks
- Blue Jackets Assign Francis to Fort Wayne; Rechlicz Added to Roster - Fort Wayne Komets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.