Special Veterans Day Promotion with the Gems
Dayton, OH- The Dayton Gems Ownership Group announced today that the Gems will be donating 300 tickets to local Veterans who wish to attend the Gems game against the Fort Wayne Komets on Veterans Day, next Thursday, November 11th at 7:00 p.m.
All local Veterans interested in attending the game can get their free tickets (first 300 only) by contacting the local VFW Post 9936 (located at 1720 East Third Street, Dayton, Ohio 45403) and asking for Robert Critell, the District Three Commander at the Post. Commander Critell can be reached by phone at one of three possible phone numbers; those numbers are (937) 253-5491, (937) 254-3243 or (937) 581-1865. Commander Critell can also be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to distributing the tickets, VFW Post 9936 will be represented the night of the game by their Color Guard who will be presenting the colors for the National Anthem.
Also taking place during the night of the Veterans Day game against Fort Wayne, a special VFW POW*MIA flag that is being sent in directly from Washington, D.C. will be on display in the arena. Six Women Veterans will be selected to drop a ceremonial puck prior to the opening faceoff and players from both teams will be presented with a special Commander in Chief Pin Award.
Season tickets are on sale now! Full and partial ticket plans are available. For more information call the Gems offices at 937-275-7777 or log onto our website at www.daytongems.com . You can also catch us on facebook at facebook.com/daytongems. The Gems return home this weekend for a two-game set with the Colorado Eagles on Friday, November 5th and Saturday, November 6th with both games beginning at 7:30 p.m. Friday's game will be the first Student ID Night of the season, all students age 14 and older are eligible for a buy-one get-one free ticket offer at the Hara Arena box office with the proof of their student ID. Then on Saturday, it's the only KIDS EAT FREE night of the season. All children 12 and under will receive a FREE voucher good for one regular-sized hot dog, small pop and small popcorn with their admission into the game. The Kettering Medical Center is proud to be the official title sponsor of the Gems for the 2010-11 season.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 3, 2010
- Sundogs Add D-Man Driscoll, Waive Kane - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks Announce Partnership with Ticketmaster - Kansas City Mavericks
- Season Ticket Deadline Looms - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Acquire Hazelwood, Release One - Laredo Bucks
- Brahmas Make Trade for Scorer Todd Griffith - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Colorado's Riley Nelson Named Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Player of the Month - CHL
- Special Veterans Day Promotion with the Gems - Dayton Gems
- Killer Bees Players to Participate in "Movember" - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Bes on Brink of 1,000; Bucks Host Rush Friday - Laredo Bucks
- Blue Jackets Assign Francis to Fort Wayne; Rechlicz Added to Roster - Fort Wayne Komets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Gems Stories
- Dayton Gems Donate Thousands of Dollars to Local Family & Area First Responders
- Dayton Gems End Season After 6-2 Loss to Komets Sunday
- Gems Play Season Finale Against Komets Today
- Gems Fall in Overtime to Komets 2-1 on Saturday Night
- Gems Host Komets for "Pack the House Night"