Blue Coats Fall to Herd at Home
WILMINGTON - The Delaware Blue Coats (3-4), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, fell to the Wisconsin Herd (7-1), 124-119, on Saturday night at 76ers Fieldhouse. Zhaire Smith, on assignment from the 76ers, posted a season-high 18 points (7-18 fg, 1-5 3fg, 2-2 ft) with seven rebounds and three steals in 32 minutes for the Blue Coats.
Six Blue Coats players, including Smith, scored in double figures in the loss. Tonight marks the third time in the past four contests that six Delaware players have scored at least 10 points. Jared Brownridge led the way with 23 points (8-16 fg, 5-10 3fg, 2-2 ft) in 25 minutes off the bench, while Xavier Munford tallied 15 points (7-17 fg, 1-4 3fg), six rebounds and seven assists in 31 minutes against his former team. Isaiah Miles scored 12 of his 14 total points (4-9 fg, 2-5 3fg, 2-2 ft) in the first quarter for Delaware, while Haywood Highsmith added 12 points (4-13 fg, 2-7 3fg, 1-1 ft), three rebounds and three assists in 21 minutes for the home team.
76ers two-way contract player Norvel Pelle recorded his second double-double of the season for the Blue Coats with 10 points (5-9 fg) and 12 rebounds, to go along with a pair of blocked shots, in 27 minutes of work.
With the win, Wisconsin extended its franchise-record winning streak to seven games. Rayjon Tucker posted a season-high 30 points (9-14 fg, 4-5 3fg, 4-7 ft) with six rebounds in 32 minutes for the Herd, as the visitors saw seven players reach double figures for the first time this season. Former Blue Coat D.J. Hogg contributed 10 of his 17 points (6-8 fg, 2-4 3fg, 3-3 ft) in the first quarter. Hogg, who sunk a pair of free throws in the closing seconds to extend his team's lead to five points, added six rebounds and three assists in 28 minutes. Luke Maye added 16 points (6-13 fg, 4-8 3fg) and seven rebounds in 28 minutes for Wisconsin.
Delaware led 37-34 after one quarter, but trailed the Herd 72-65 at halftime. The Blue Coats outrebounded Wisconsin, which entered the game leading the G League with 56.8 rebounds per game, 55-48, in the loss. Delaware also blocked 10 shots for the second time this season.
The Blue Coats will now have nearly a week off between games. The team returns to action on Friday night at home against the Westchester Knicks at 7:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 23, 2019
- Oklahoma City Falls to Texas - Oklahoma City Blue
- Santa Cruz Warriors Score Season-High 126 Points, Defeat Rio Grande Valley Vipers - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Warriors Defeat Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Daxter Miles Jr.'s Career-Night Spoiled by Magic - Northern Arizona Suns
- Blue Coats Fall to Herd at Home - Delaware Blue Coats
- Herd Nab Seventh Consecutive Win, Beat Delaware 124-119 - Wisconsin Herd
- Knicks Fall to Red Claws to End Back-To-Back - Westchester Knicks
- Red Claws Roll to 5-0 - Maine Red Claws
- Hornets Recall Jalen McDaniels & Caleb Martin from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Blue Can't Hold on against Hustle - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.