Knicks Fall to Red Claws to End Back-To-Back
PORTLAND, ME - The Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, were defeated 118-108 by the Maine Red Claws, Saturday evening at Portland Expo Building.
Zak Irvin put Westchester (1-6) on the board first with a layup 28 ticks into the ballgame. Yante Maten quickly answered down the other end. Following a Knicks' miss, Bryce Brown scored in the open court tabbing the first of 17 lead changes in the early onset's back and forth affair.
The second quarter reflected some of the first quarter's competitive margin halted by a three-pointer from Maine's Tremont Waters at 7:13 which opened up a three-possession game, 49-42. The Red Claws (5-0) would eventually credit their first double-digit advantage of the game, 58-48, with 3:30 to go in the half. This occurred amid a 12-3 run that included a near three-minute scoring drought for Westchester.
Despite entering the second half down seven, Westchester struggled to generate telling offense and faced a 17-point third-quarter deficit and a 20-point fourth-quarter hole they were unable to reverse.
Irvin ended with 12 points as one of six Knicks in double-figures. After tying his career-high from downtown (5 3PM) yesterday, JJ Moore netted four triples on 66.7-percent shooting which aided his team-high 22 points off the bench. Rookie Tyler Hall put up season-high 12 points. Two-Way player Ivan Rabb added 11 points and eight rebounds.
Brown (29 points), Tremont Waters (24 points) and Maten (20 points) credited much of Maine's scoring. Maten led all on the night with 11 boards. Waters offered eight assists.
After having four games in a six-day span, the Knicks get a two-day break before hosting the Fort Wayne Mad Ants at the Westchester County Center Tuesday, November 26 at 7 PM ET.
For information on Knicks' season ticket packages, fans may visit www.WestchesterKnicks.com or contact the sales office at (914) 559-6889 or at email@example.com.
JJ Moore Contributes 22 Points Off the Bench - https://youtu.be/OmhCzCMOUF4
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 23, 2019
- Oklahoma City Falls to Texas - Oklahoma City Blue
- Santa Cruz Warriors Score Season-High 126 Points, Defeat Rio Grande Valley Vipers - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Warriors Defeat Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Daxter Miles Jr.'s Career-Night Spoiled by Magic - Northern Arizona Suns
- Blue Coats Fall to Herd at Home - Delaware Blue Coats
- Herd Nab Seventh Consecutive Win, Beat Delaware 124-119 - Wisconsin Herd
- Knicks Fall to Red Claws to End Back-To-Back - Westchester Knicks
- Red Claws Roll to 5-0 - Maine Red Claws
- Hornets Recall Jalen McDaniels & Caleb Martin from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Blue Can't Hold on against Hustle - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.