Blue Coats Acquire Keenan Evans and Returning Player Rights to Chris Horton from Grand Rapids Drive
WILMINGTON - The Delaware Blue Coats, the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, announced today that the team has acquired Keenan Evans and the returning player rights to Chris Horton from the Grand Rapids Drive in exchange for the returning player rights to Shawn Long and Devondrick Walker.
A 6-foot-3 guard, Evans has played in 21 games for the Drive this season, starting 19. He averaged 14.6 points, 3.7 rebounds and 3.3 assists in 31.9 minutes per game for the Detroit Pistons' NBA G League affiliate. Evans signed a two-way contract with Detroit in July 2018 and participated in Pistons' training camp before joining the Drive. The 22-year-old Evans played his college basketball at Texas Tech from 2014-18, where he played alongside 76ers' rookie Zhaire Smith last season. The tandem helped lead the Red Raiders to a 27-10 record and No. 3 seed in the 2018 NCAA Tournament, culminating with the school's first-ever Elite Eight appearance.
Following the 2017-18 season, he was named First Team All-Big 12 and a Consensus Second Team All-American after averaging 17.6 points, 3.1 rebounds and 3.2 assists in 29.5 minutes per game during his senior campaign. As a junior, Evans averaged 15.4 points, 2.8 rebounds and 3.0 assists in 30.4 minutes per game, collecting Third Team All-Big 12 honors.
Horton, a 6-foot-8 forward, has spent the past season-plus playing professionally in Hungary (Alba Fehervar of the NB I/A) and Greece, most recently with Kymis B.C. within the Greek Basket League. He was originally selected by the Drive with the No. 5 overall selection in the 2016 NBA G League Draft, following a four-year career at Austin Peay State University in Tennessee. In his rookie G League season, Horton appeared in 49 games (11 starts), averaging 6.2 points, 5.5 rebounds and 0.9 blocks in 18.6 minutes per game.
In a related move, the team has waived Nate Hickman.
76ers Fieldhouse Opening Night is set for Wednesday, Jan. 23 when the Blue Coats host the Memphis Hustle at 7:00 p.m. Doors open at 6:00 p.m. and all fans in attendance will receive an exclusive T-shirt.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 22, 2019
- Skyforce Snap Warriors' Six-Game Win Streak, Claim 103-96 Win in Sioux Falls - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Skyforce Defeat Warriors 103-96 to Avoid Series Sweep - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Blue Coats Acquire Keenan Evans and Returning Player Rights to Chris Horton from Grand Rapids Drive - Delaware Blue Coats
- Drive Acquire Rights to Long and Walker - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stars Earn Overtime Victory in Northern Arizona - Salt Lake City Stars
- Suns Give Kids a Show at Special Game, Come up Short in OT - Northern Arizona Suns
- Jaylen Adams and Alex Poythress Transferred to Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Blue Coats Announce Details for 76ers Fieldhouse Opening Night & 2018-19 Promotional Schedule - Delaware Blue Coats
- Mad Ants Acquire Jordan Barnett and Ike Nwamu from Wisconsin - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Wisconsin Herd Obtains Elijah Stewart in Trade with Fort Wayne Mad Ants - Wisconsin Herd
- Hornets Recall Devonte' Graham from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Delaware Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Doral Moore from Memphis Hustle
- Delaware Blue Coats Announce 2019-20 Promotional Schedule
- Matt Lilly Promoted to Blue Coats General Manager
- Delaware Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Xavier Munford from Wisconsin Herd
- Delaware Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Julian Washburn from Austin Spurs