Wisconsin Herd Obtains Elijah Stewart in Trade with Fort Wayne Mad Ants
OSHKOSH, Wis. - The Wisconsin Herd, the NBA G League affiliate of the Milwaukee Bucks, has acquired Elijah Stewart and the returning player rights to Alex Hamilton from Fort Wayne in exchange for Ike Nwamu and Jordan Barnett. This trade is subject to Stewart, Nwamu and Barnett passing a physical.
In 16 games with the Mad Ants this season, Stewart averaged 4.1 points and 1.1 rebounds in 10.6 minutes per game. The 6-foot-5 forward played in 138 games (102 starts) with the University of Southern California over four seasons (2014-18) and held career averages of 10.2 points, 3.3 rebounds and 1.1 assists per game.
Hamilton currently plays with Maccabi Rishon Lezion (Israel), averaging 16.3 points, 4.0 rebounds, 5.7 assists and 1.5 steals in 35.2 minutes per game.
Nwamu appeared in 17 games (four starts) with the Herd this season and averaged 5.3 points, 1.9 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 18.9 minutes per contest.
Barnett saw action in 18 games (four starts) with Wisconsin this season and averaged 5.4 points and 1.9 rebounds while shooting 47.5 percent from the field.
The Herd roster now stands at 11 players.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 22, 2019
- Skyforce Snap Warriors' Six-Game Win Streak, Claim 103-96 Win in Sioux Falls - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Skyforce Defeat Warriors 103-96 to Avoid Series Sweep - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Blue Coats Acquire Keenan Evans and Returning Player Rights to Chris Horton from Grand Rapids Drive - Delaware Blue Coats
- Drive Acquire Rights to Long and Walker - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stars Earn Overtime Victory in Northern Arizona - Salt Lake City Stars
- Suns Give Kids a Show at Special Game, Come up Short in OT - Northern Arizona Suns
- Jaylen Adams and Alex Poythress Transferred to Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Blue Coats Announce Details for 76ers Fieldhouse Opening Night & 2018-19 Promotional Schedule - Delaware Blue Coats
- Mad Ants Acquire Jordan Barnett and Ike Nwamu from Wisconsin - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Wisconsin Herd Obtains Elijah Stewart in Trade with Fort Wayne Mad Ants - Wisconsin Herd
- Hornets Recall Devonte' Graham from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Herd Stories
- Season Recap
- NBA G League Recognizes Wisconsin Herd for Best Record in Eastern Conference
- Frank Mason III and Jaylen Adams Named to the 2019-20 All-NBA G League First Team
- Frank Mason III Named 2019-20 NBA G League Most Valuable Player
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season