Mad Ants Acquire Jordan Barnett and Ike Nwamu from Wisconsin
The Fort Wayne Mad Ants, presented by Lutheran Health Network, the NBA G League affiliate of the Indiana Pacers, announced today they have acquired Jordan Barnett and Ike Nwamu from the Wisconsin Herd in exchange for Elijah Stewart and the returning player rights to Alex Hamilton.
This trade is subject to Barnett, Nwamu and Stewart passing a physical.
Barnett averaged 5.4 points, 1.8 rebounds and 19.8 minutes per game in 18 contests this season with the Herd. The University of Missouri product started in four games as well this season.
The 6-foot-7 forward played in five games for the Milwaukee Bucks in the 2018 Las Vegas Summer League, averaging 6.0 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.6 assists per game over 18.4 minutes.
Nwamu averaged 5.3 points, 1.8 rebounds, 1.4 assists and 18.9 minutes per game in 17 games with the Milwaukee Bucks' affiliate this season. The 6-foot-5 wing appeared in two games with the LA Clippers in 2016-17, averaging 4.0 points and 1.0 rebound in 8.3 minutes per game.
This past summer, Nwamu played in six games, starting three times, with the Miami Heat in the 2018 Las Vegas Summer League. The UNLV graduate averaged 9.0 points, 2.8 rebounds and 1.2 assists in 22.0 minutes for the Heat.
Last year in the G League, Nwamu appeared in 47 games with the Sioux Falls Skyforce, averaging 14.5 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 29.7 minutes per game. He started 32 games.
The Mad Ants take on the Erie BayHawks on Wednesday night at 7 p.m., which will be streamed on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 22, 2019
- Skyforce Snap Warriors' Six-Game Win Streak, Claim 103-96 Win in Sioux Falls - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Skyforce Defeat Warriors 103-96 to Avoid Series Sweep - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Blue Coats Acquire Keenan Evans and Returning Player Rights to Chris Horton from Grand Rapids Drive - Delaware Blue Coats
- Drive Acquire Rights to Long and Walker - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stars Earn Overtime Victory in Northern Arizona - Salt Lake City Stars
- Suns Give Kids a Show at Special Game, Come up Short in OT - Northern Arizona Suns
- Jaylen Adams and Alex Poythress Transferred to Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Blue Coats Announce Details for 76ers Fieldhouse Opening Night & 2018-19 Promotional Schedule - Delaware Blue Coats
- Mad Ants Acquire Jordan Barnett and Ike Nwamu from Wisconsin - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Wisconsin Herd Obtains Elijah Stewart in Trade with Fort Wayne Mad Ants - Wisconsin Herd
- Hornets Recall Devonte' Graham from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- Mad Ants' Tim Bawmann to be Inducted into Futures League Hall of Fame
- Mad Ants and NBA G League Update Regarding Ticketing
- Fort Wayne Edges Grand Rapids in Closing Seconds, 105-103
- Fort Wayne Has Season Best Shooting Night in Win over College Park
- Indiana Pacers Assign Alize Johnson to Fort Wayne