Blue Acquires Frank Gaines
OKLAHOMA CITY, Feb. 27, 2015 - The Oklahoma City Blue has acquired guard Frank Gaines from the Maine Red Claws in exchange for two future third round draft picks, the team announced today. Oklahoma City received Gaines' returning player rights while the Red Claws acquired the Blue's 2015 third round pick and the Westchester Knicks' 2015 third round pick, acquired by the Blue earlier this season.
Gaines (6-3, 195) was named the 2014 NBA Development League Most Improved Player while also being selected to the 2014 All-Rookie First Team and All-NBA D-League Honorable Mention Team. In 48 games (34 starts) with Maine in 2013-14, Gaines averaged 22.4 points, 3.7 rebounds and 1.5 assists in 35.4 minutes. Gaines led the D-League in total points scored (1,076) and held the fifth-highest scoring average.
The IPFW product joins the Blue after spending the 2014-15 season overseas in Italy, averaging 7.7 points, 2.1 rebounds and 21.7 minutes in 15 games (nine starts) with Victoria Libertas Pesaro and Juvecaserta Basket.
In a related move, Oklahoma City has waived guard George Beamon.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 27, 2015
- Westchester Knicks Lose Battle with Warriors - Westchester Knicks
- Idaho Falls to White, Vipers - Idaho Stampede
- Energy Win over the Skyforce - Iowa Wolves
- New-Look Drive Handily Defeat 87ers - Grand Rapids Drive
- Paul Pushes Canton Past Fort Wayne - Canton Charge
- Sim Bhullar Makes Appearance on "The Late Late Show" - Reno Bighorns
- Sioux Falls Skyforce and South Dakota Corn Present "Corn Week" - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Detroit Pistons Assign Quincy Miller to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Detroit Pistons Assign Quincy Miller to NBA D-League's Grand Rapids Drive - G League
- Red Claws Acquire Draft Picks in Trade - Maine Red Claws
- Blue Acquires Frank Gaines - Oklahoma City Blue
- Stampede Acquires Quan Prowell - Idaho Stampede
- Bighorns Fall to Austin in Close Game - Reno Bighorns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.