Blazers Name Cory Clouston as Interim Assistant Coach
Kamloops, BC - The Kamloops Blazers have named Cory Clouston as a full-time interim Assistant Coach. Clouston will be with the Blazers on an interim basis with Associate Coach, Darryl Sydor on a personal leave of absence.
"With Darryl away on a personal leave of absence we decided that it was important to have a coach join us who was available in a full time role," said Bardsley. "Cory has a lot of coaching experience in the Western Hockey League and has been part of Championship teams. He has also had experience in the AHL, NHL and Europe which will be beneficial to our players," concluded Bardsley.
Clouston, who is the younger brother of Head Coach Shaun Clouston, spent three seasons as an Assistant Coach with the Kootenay Ice and won the WHL Championship in 2000 & 2002 and the Memorial Cup in 2002. He then spent the next five seasons as the Head Coach of the Ice from 2002-2007 and was twice named WHL Coach of the Year in 2005 and 2007.
He spent two seasons as the Head Coach of the Binghamton Senators in the AHL from 2007-2009 and two seasons as the Head Coach of the Ottawa Senators from 2009-2011.
After his pro stints, he returned to the WHL and was the Head Coach of the Brandon Wheat Kings during the 2011-12 season and the Head Coach of the Prince Albert Raiders from 2013-2015.
Clouston spent 2015-2018 as the Head Coach of the Kolner Hale in the DEL in Germany.
He will be on the ice with the hockey club starting today and will be on the bench for the Blazers next game in Victoria on Friday, October 25th.
For ticketing information, please contact Jim, Stacy or David at 250-828-1144 or by email at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Images from this story
Kamloops Blazers assistant coach Cory Clouston
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from October 21, 2019
- Preview: Broncos Look for Victory to End B.C. Swing - Swift Current Broncos
- Lack of Size Has Never Been a Hindrance to Rebels Rookie Sorensen - Red Deer Rebels
- Raiders Acquire Rights to Pesenti from Regina - Prince Albert Raiders
- Pats Acquire Goaltender Donovan Buskey from Prince Albert - Regina Pats
- Blazers Name Cory Clouston as Interim Assistant Coach - Kamloops Blazers
- Oil Kings to Host First Cartoon Festival on Saturday, October 26 - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Canadian Rosters Unveiled for 2019 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge - WHL
- October 21 - Canes Chatter - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Local Kids to Have Opportunity to Interview ICE Players as Part of ICE Kid Reporter Presented by 680 CJOB - Winnipeg Ice
- Dylan Guenther to Dress for Team Canada White at 2019 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Blazers' Garand Named WHL Eli Wilson Goaltending Goaltender of the Week - WHL
- Hitmen Forward Orca Wiesblatt Named WHL on the Run Player of the Week - WHL
- ICE Claim Back-To-Back Victories over Blades - Saskatoon Blades
- ICE Down Blades 7-2 to Cap off Four-Point Weekend - Winnipeg Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kamloops Blazers Stories
- Why the Kamloops Blazers Work with this Mental Consultant
- Blazers Name Cory Clouston as Interim Assistant Coach
- Kamloops Blazers Partner with Gord Bamford to Celebrate Memorial Cup and WHL Anniversary
- Connor Zary Named to Team WHL
- Stankoven Named to Canada's Under-17 Roster