Pats Acquire Goaltender Donovan Buskey from Prince Albert
Regina, Saskatchewan - The Regina Pats Hockey Club has announced they have acquired 19-year-old goaltender Donovan Buskey from the Prince Albert Raiders in exchange for 18-year-old goaltender Matthew Pesenti.
Buskey (6'2, 203), started this season in the BCHL with the Trail Smoke Eaters where he had a 3-4-0-0 record with a 3.78 goals against average and an .862 save percentage. Buskey has appeared in 37 WHL games with the Raiders and Spokane Chiefs, going 19-13-0-1 with a 3.48 GAA, an .870 SV% and one shutout.
"We are happy to add Donovan to our group," said Pats VP of Hockey Operations and General Manager John Paddock. "He brings some good experience in the league to our team."
Buskey, from North Vancouver, B.C. was originally drafted by the Spokane Chiefs in the third round, 53rd overall, in the 2015 WHL Bantam Draft.
Pesenti, from Saskatoon, was a listed prospect for the Pats. He has been playing with the Kindersley Klippers this season, where he has 2.43 GAA and a .927 save percentage in 5 games in the SJHL.
"We want to wish Matthew all the best going forward," added Paddock. "He is a quality person and we want to thank him for his contributions to our organization."
The Pats are back in action on Sunday for the 2019 Prairie Classic outdoors at Mosaic Stadium. Puck drop against the Calgary Hitmen is at 2 p.m. and tickets are available at reginapats.com.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from October 21, 2019
- Preview: Broncos Look for Victory to End B.C. Swing - Swift Current Broncos
- Lack of Size Has Never Been a Hindrance to Rebels Rookie Sorensen - Red Deer Rebels
- Raiders Acquire Rights to Pesenti from Regina - Prince Albert Raiders
- Pats Acquire Goaltender Donovan Buskey from Prince Albert - Regina Pats
- Blazers Name Cory Clouston as Interim Assistant Coach - Kamloops Blazers
- Oil Kings to Host First Cartoon Festival on Saturday, October 26 - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Canadian Rosters Unveiled for 2019 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge - WHL
- October 21 - Canes Chatter - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Local Kids to Have Opportunity to Interview ICE Players as Part of ICE Kid Reporter Presented by 680 CJOB - Winnipeg Ice
- Dylan Guenther to Dress for Team Canada White at 2019 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Blazers' Garand Named WHL Eli Wilson Goaltending Goaltender of the Week - WHL
- Hitmen Forward Orca Wiesblatt Named WHL on the Run Player of the Week - WHL
- ICE Claim Back-To-Back Victories over Blades - Saskatoon Blades
- ICE Down Blades 7-2 to Cap off Four-Point Weekend - Winnipeg Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.