Blades Shave Roster Down to 36
Saskatoon, SK - The Saskatoon Blades have slimmed their pre-season roster down to 36 players following the conclusion of 2019 training camp which featured 72 players. The remaining roster now consists of 19 forwards, 13 defensemen, and 4 goaltenders.
Of those 36 players, six remain unsigned. They include Saskatoon Contact and invitee, Jaeden Mercier, the listed Foxx Doell, 2018 draftee Alex Bernauer, and 2019 draftees Ben Saunderson, Cale Ashcroft & Austin Elliott.
Pre-season action begins on Friday, August 30th, in Regina against the Pats. The Bridge City Bunch will then return to Regina on Saturday, August 31st, to play the Moose Jaw Warriors at the Brandt Centre.
Fans in Saskatoon will have their first chance to catch a glimpse of pre-season hockey on September 6th in Warman when the Blades host the Prince Albert Raiders.
The Blades will also welcome the Winnipeg ICE to SaskTel Centre on Friday, September 13th, and Saturday, September 14th.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from August 28, 2019
- Mayo Takes First Step in His Journey to the WHL - Red Deer Rebels
- Rebels Hopeful Fischer Sees the Benefits of Attending a Hockey Academy - Red Deer Rebels
- Silvertips Sign U.S. Born Prospect, Seattle Native, and Forward Brendan Lee to a WHL Standard Player Agreement - Everett Silvertips
- Hitmen Open 2019 Training Camp with Fitness Testing - Calgary Hitmen
- Blades Shave Roster Down to 36 - Saskatoon Blades
- Cougars Announce Single Game Tickets on Sale Date & Feature Games Schedule - Prince George Cougars
- Royals Sign Trio of Players - Victoria Royals
- Tigers Invited to Attend NHL Camps - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Team Black Wins 2019 Rob Charney Cup - Prince George Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.