Bissonnette Is First-Ever AHL Signing for Reign
ONTARIO, Calif. - The Ontario Reign, primary affiliate of the NHL's Los Angeles Kings, have signed left wing Paul Bissonnette to an American Hockey League contract for the 2015-16 season, Reign Director of Hockey Operations Hubie McDonough announced on Thursday.
Bissonnette, 30, becomes the first-ever AHL signing in Reign history, after playing for the Manchester Monarchs during the 2014-15 season. The native of Welland, Ontario collected seven points (1-6=7) and 167 penalty minutes in 48 regular season games, before helping Manchester capture the Calder Cup, appearing in 11 postseason contests.
The 6-foot-3, 220-pound winger has logged 22 points (7-15") and 340 penalty minutes in 202 career NHL games split between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Phoenix Coyotes.
In 217 career AHL games with Manchester, Portland and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Bissonnette accumulated 37 points (14-237) and 554 penalty minutes. He also skated in the ECHL with the Wheeling Nailers, tallying 69 points (16-53i) and 162 penalty minutes in 101 matches.
Prior to turning pro, Bissonnette skated with the Owen Sound Attack, Saginaw Spirit and North Bay Centennials of the Ontario Hockey League, posting totals of 68 points (18-50h) and 266 penalty minutes in 254 games.
Bissonnette was selected by the Penguins in the fourth round (121st overall) of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.
Become an Ontario Reign Season Ticket Member today! Season tickets for the 2015-16 season - Ontario's first as a member of the American Hockey League and the primary developmental affiliate of the LA Kings - are on sale now. All Season Ticket Members also receive free parking, ticket exchange, account manager access, an invitation to an exclusive Season Ticket Member event, guaranteed giveaways (one per account) and more.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 9, 2015
- Canucks Re-Sign Defencemen Frank Corrado and Adam Clendening - Utica Comets
- Energy FC Sidekicks Program with Special Olympics and TOPSoccer Kicks off July 15 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Blackhawks Agree to Terms with Rasmussen - Rockford IceHogs
- Game Worn Sweaters from 2014-15 Season up for Auction - Rockford IceHogs
- Bissonnette Is First-Ever AHL Signing for Reign - Ontario Reign
- Florida Panthers Announce Hockey Operations Staff Changes - Portland Pirates
- Amerks Sign Matt Ellis to One-Year AHL Contract - Rochester Americans
- 100 Days Until Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Home Opener - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Barracuda Sign Defenseman Gus Young - San Jose Barracuda
- Charlotte Native Bryan Moore Signs with AHL San Diego - Charlotte Checkers
- Iowa Wild Honored by AHL for Best Fan Experience - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Honored by AHL for Ticket Sales and Digital Media Excellence - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Introduce New Charitable Cause Recognition Initiative - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Fourth Annual Amerks Street Hockeyfest Set for Sunday, August 16 at Bill Gray's Regional Iceplex - Rochester Americans
- Dallas Stars Sign Jamie Oleksiak to a One-Year Contract - Texas Stars
- Wings Agree to Terms with Coreau - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Checkers Repeat as AHL's Excellence in Community Service Winner - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Honored for Growth in Season-Ticket Sales - Utica Comets
- Hershey Bears Earn Eastern Conference Honors for Community Relations Efforts - Hershey Bears
- AHL Names 2014-15 Winners of Team Business Services Awards - Syracuse Crunch
- American Hockey League Names 2014-15 Winners of Team Business Services Awards - AHL
- Comets Awarded AHL's Prestigious President's Trophy - Utica Comets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.