Iowa Wild Honored by AHL for Best Fan Experience
DES MOINES, IA -The Iowa Wild, in conjunction with the American Hockey League (AHL), announced on Thursday that the AHL has recognized the Iowa Wild as the 2015 Western Conference recipient for Outstanding Fan Experience at all home games.
"Everything that we do is for our fans, which we believe to be the best in the AHL," said Iowa Wild President Todd Frederickson. "Their great passion for Iowa Wild hockey fuels our staff and provides energy to a hard-working group of individuals.
"Our staff works diligently to make sure Iowa Wild fans have the best experience possible. As an organization, it is an honor to be named for Outstanding Fan Experience. It certainly raises the bar for us and we gladly accept the challenge. With a brand new video board system installation set for August, we expect our fan experience to go to an entirely different level of enjoyment this October."
The Wild rolled out numerous features and game programs for the 2014-15 season, elevating the fan experience from the team's inaugural season in 2013-14. The league specifically acknowledged the new "Wild 365" season ticket program, an upgrade to video production, interactive game operations, the "Hockey Lives Here" campaign, Wedding on Ice, Pink in the Rink and the Baby Derby.
In late June, the Wild was recognized at the AHL Marketing Meetings in Scottsdale, AZ for three sales awards. The team was handed achievement awards for an increase in full season tickets (above 10% growth), 500 new full season-ticket equivalents and over 10% in corporate sales.
"We are fortunate to have such a great group of people in this organization that continually find ways to get the job done and make Iowa Wild hockey a true success," added Frederickson. "I really can't thank them enough. At the same time, this group wants to push past our recent accomplishments and take this team to the next level for the great state of Iowa."
Iowa begins its third season in the AHL this fall. The team will host Opening Night on Saturday, Oct. 10. Fans may purchase single game tickets multiple ways, either through the team's website - www.Iowawild.com, Wells Fargo Arena box office or www.iowaeventscenter.com. Tickets are available online at www.iowawild.com under the single game tickets tab. Fans may also purchase tickets by calling 1-866-553-2457 or by visiting www.iowaeventscenter.com. In order to purchase group tickets (10 or more), please call the Iowa Wild ticketing department at 515-564-8700. Fans interested in buying full season, or smaller season packages may call the Iowa Wild front office at 515-564-8700.
The Iowa Wild 2014-15 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center, it runs from October through April. Fans may purchase seats to see any of the team's 38 regular season home games at Wells Fargo Arena. Season tickets to see the Wild play its 2015-16 season at Wells Fargo Arena start at just $9 per game. For more information on tickets, including ticket plans and group seating, please contact the Wild ticket office by calling 515-564-8700 or go to www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 9, 2015
- Canucks Re-Sign Defencemen Frank Corrado and Adam Clendening - Utica Comets
- Energy FC Sidekicks Program with Special Olympics and TOPSoccer Kicks off July 15 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Blackhawks Agree to Terms with Rasmussen - Rockford IceHogs
- Game Worn Sweaters from 2014-15 Season up for Auction - Rockford IceHogs
- Bissonnette Is First-Ever AHL Signing for Reign - Ontario Reign
- Florida Panthers Announce Hockey Operations Staff Changes - Portland Pirates
- Amerks Sign Matt Ellis to One-Year AHL Contract - Rochester Americans
- 100 Days Until Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Home Opener - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Barracuda Sign Defenseman Gus Young - San Jose Barracuda
- Charlotte Native Bryan Moore Signs with AHL San Diego - Charlotte Checkers
- Iowa Wild Honored by AHL for Best Fan Experience - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Honored by AHL for Ticket Sales and Digital Media Excellence - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Introduce New Charitable Cause Recognition Initiative - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Fourth Annual Amerks Street Hockeyfest Set for Sunday, August 16 at Bill Gray's Regional Iceplex - Rochester Americans
- Dallas Stars Sign Jamie Oleksiak to a One-Year Contract - Texas Stars
- Wings Agree to Terms with Coreau - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Checkers Repeat as AHL's Excellence in Community Service Winner - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Honored for Growth in Season-Ticket Sales - Utica Comets
- Hershey Bears Earn Eastern Conference Honors for Community Relations Efforts - Hershey Bears
- AHL Names 2014-15 Winners of Team Business Services Awards - Syracuse Crunch
- American Hockey League Names 2014-15 Winners of Team Business Services Awards - AHL
- Comets Awarded AHL's Prestigious President's Trophy - Utica Comets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wild Stories
- Forward Mike Liambas Named Iowa Wild's IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Minnesota Wild Signs Forward Mitchell Chaffee to Two-Year, Entry-Level Contract
- Minnesota Wild Signs Forwards Adam Beckman and Damien Giroux to Entry-Level Contracts
- Iowa Wild Announces COVID-19 Community Relief Campaign with Food Bank of Iowa
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Defenseman Matt Bartkowski to Iowa