Canucks Re-Sign Defencemen Frank Corrado and Adam Clendening
Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the Canucks have re-signed defencemen Frank Corrado and Adam Clendening.
Corrado, 22, appeared in 10 games with the Canucks during the 2014.15 season, registering one goal (1-0-1). The Toronto, Ontario native also registered 16 points (7-9-16) and 31 penalty minutes in 35 games, ranking third in scoring among defencemen on the Utica Comets. Corrado also appeared in 18 playoff games for Utica during the 2015 Calder Cup Playoffs, collecting one goal (1-0-1) and 24 penalty minutes.
The 6'1", 195-pound defenceman was originally selected by Vancouver 150th overall in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
Clendening, 22, appeared in 17 games with the Canucks during the 2014.15 season, registering two assists (0-2-2) and eight penalty minutes. The Niagara Falls, New York native also registered five points (1-4-5) and 28 penalty minutes in 11 regular season games with the Utica Comets. In 23 playoff games for Utica, Clendening ranked second among Comets defencemen in scoring registering eight points (3-5-8). He also split time this season with the Chicago Blackhawks and Rockford IceHogs, collecting two points (1-1-2) in four games with Chicago and 13 points (1-12-13) in 38 games with Rockford.
The 6'0", 190-pound Clendening was acquired from Chicago in exchange for Gustav Forsling on January 29, 2015. He was originally selected by Chicago in the second round, 36th overall in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 9, 2015
- Canucks Re-Sign Defencemen Frank Corrado and Adam Clendening - Utica Comets
- Energy FC Sidekicks Program with Special Olympics and TOPSoccer Kicks off July 15 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Blackhawks Agree to Terms with Rasmussen - Rockford IceHogs
- Game Worn Sweaters from 2014-15 Season up for Auction - Rockford IceHogs
- Bissonnette Is First-Ever AHL Signing for Reign - Ontario Reign
- Florida Panthers Announce Hockey Operations Staff Changes - Portland Pirates
- Amerks Sign Matt Ellis to One-Year AHL Contract - Rochester Americans
- 100 Days Until Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Home Opener - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Barracuda Sign Defenseman Gus Young - San Jose Barracuda
- Charlotte Native Bryan Moore Signs with AHL San Diego - Charlotte Checkers
- Iowa Wild Honored by AHL for Best Fan Experience - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Honored by AHL for Ticket Sales and Digital Media Excellence - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Introduce New Charitable Cause Recognition Initiative - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Fourth Annual Amerks Street Hockeyfest Set for Sunday, August 16 at Bill Gray's Regional Iceplex - Rochester Americans
- Dallas Stars Sign Jamie Oleksiak to a One-Year Contract - Texas Stars
- Wings Agree to Terms with Coreau - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Checkers Repeat as AHL's Excellence in Community Service Winner - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Honored for Growth in Season-Ticket Sales - Utica Comets
- Hershey Bears Earn Eastern Conference Honors for Community Relations Efforts - Hershey Bears
- AHL Names 2014-15 Winners of Team Business Services Awards - Syracuse Crunch
- American Hockey League Names 2014-15 Winners of Team Business Services Awards - AHL
- Comets Awarded AHL's Prestigious President's Trophy - Utica Comets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Utica Comets Stories
- Comets Announce Details of Training Camp
- Comets Captain Carter Bancks Announces Retirement from AHL
- Canucks & Blues to Share AHL Affiliate Utica Comets
- Comets One of 28 Teams to Participate in 2020-21 American Hockey League Season
- Comets Keep Turkey Delivery an Annual Tradition