Hershey Bears Earn Eastern Conference Honors for Community Relations Efforts
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... American Hockey League President and CEO David Andrews has announced the winners of the league's annual Team Business Services awards, recognizing outstanding achievements in a variety of categories including ticket sales, community service and fan experience.
These awards were announced Wednesday evening at a gala reception during the Board of Governors' Annual Meeting at Hilton Head Island, S.C.
As part of its Team Business Services program, the AHL honored one club from each conference for top revenue growth in four areas during this past season: overall ticket sales, season-ticket sales, group-ticket sales and corporate sponsorship sales. The winners in overall ticket sales revenue growth were the Hartford Wolf Pack (Eastern) and the Grand Rapids Griffins (Western). Winners for season-ticket sales growth were the Albany Devils (Eastern) and the Utica Comets (Western). The Hartford Wolf Pack (Eastern) and the Lake Erie Monsters (Western) earned the awards for group-ticket sales growth, and the Syracuse Crunch (Eastern) and Chicago Wolves (Western) were recognized for their corporate sponsorship sales growth.
Additionally, teams from each conference were selected for excellence in the areas of digital media, community relations and fan experience. The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (Eastern) and Grand Rapids Griffins (Western) were honored fordigital media excellence; the Hershey Bears (Eastern) and Charlotte Checkers (Western) earned the nods for exceptional community relations efforts; and the Lehigh Valley Phantoms (Eastern) and Iowa Wild (Western) were recognized foroutstanding fan experience at home games.
The AHL also honored several teams and individuals for their efforts during the 2014-15 season at the league's Marketing Meeting in Scottsdale, Ariz., last month, including the Chicago Wolves as the sponsorship sales department of the yearand the Lake Erie Monsters as the ticket sales department of the year.
The Rochester Americans were recognized for unique ticket sales promotion or theme night ("Boy Scouts Salesmanship Merit Badge"); the St. John's IceCaps were selected for unique game operations, community relations or social media promotion ("IceCaps Street Team"); and the Toronto Marlies were given the award for unique sponsorship package or entitlement ("Legoland Discovery Centre Partnership").
In operation since 1936, the AHL continues to serve as the top development league for all 30 National Hockey League teams. More than 88 percent of today's NHL players are American Hockey League graduates, and for the 14th year in a row, more than 6 million fans attended AHL games across North America in 2014-15.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 9, 2015
- Canucks Re-Sign Defencemen Frank Corrado and Adam Clendening - Utica Comets
- Energy FC Sidekicks Program with Special Olympics and TOPSoccer Kicks off July 15 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Blackhawks Agree to Terms with Rasmussen - Rockford IceHogs
- Game Worn Sweaters from 2014-15 Season up for Auction - Rockford IceHogs
- Bissonnette Is First-Ever AHL Signing for Reign - Ontario Reign
- Florida Panthers Announce Hockey Operations Staff Changes - Portland Pirates
- Amerks Sign Matt Ellis to One-Year AHL Contract - Rochester Americans
- 100 Days Until Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Home Opener - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Barracuda Sign Defenseman Gus Young - San Jose Barracuda
- Charlotte Native Bryan Moore Signs with AHL San Diego - Charlotte Checkers
- Iowa Wild Honored by AHL for Best Fan Experience - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Honored by AHL for Ticket Sales and Digital Media Excellence - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Introduce New Charitable Cause Recognition Initiative - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Fourth Annual Amerks Street Hockeyfest Set for Sunday, August 16 at Bill Gray's Regional Iceplex - Rochester Americans
- Dallas Stars Sign Jamie Oleksiak to a One-Year Contract - Texas Stars
- Wings Agree to Terms with Coreau - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Checkers Repeat as AHL's Excellence in Community Service Winner - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Honored for Growth in Season-Ticket Sales - Utica Comets
- Hershey Bears Earn Eastern Conference Honors for Community Relations Efforts - Hershey Bears
- AHL Names 2014-15 Winners of Team Business Services Awards - Syracuse Crunch
- American Hockey League Names 2014-15 Winners of Team Business Services Awards - AHL
- Comets Awarded AHL's Prestigious President's Trophy - Utica Comets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hershey Bears Stories
- Kale Kessy Named Hershey's 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Hershey Bears Statement Regarding the Suspension of the AHL Season
- Bears Weekly: Hershey Gains Momentum for Big Road Weekend
- Hershey's March 20 Game at Lehigh Valley Added to TV Schedule
- Bears Recall Chris McCarthy from South Carolina