Buffalo Bisons (20-15, 3rd(-1.0), North) vs. Norfolk Tides (15-21, 4th(-7.0), South)
Saturday, May 15, 2010 (1:05 p.m.) - Coca-Cola Field
LHP Pat Misch (2-0, 4.15) vs. RHP Jake Arrieta (3-1, 1.67)
Radio: WWKB AM 1520, bisons.com
TODAY'S GAME: This afternoon, the Bisons face the Norfolk Tides in the second game of a four-game series from Coca-Cola Field (1:05 p.m.). The Herd struck first in the series thanks to last night's 5-3 win. The Bisons have now won three straight games and are 11-4 in the first 15 games at home this season. Norfolk is 6-11 on the road in 2010.
vs. THE TIDES: Dating back to last season, the Bisons have now won four of their last five games against Norfolk. Since 1998, Buffalo has an impressive .624 winning percentage against the Tides (58-35). The Herd has lost just one season series to the Tides in the last 12 seasons (2008, 3-4).
OUR NEW PAL: INF VALENTINO PASCUCCI homered in his Bisons' debut last night. The slugger was signed by the Mets yesterday and assigned to the Bisons. The 31-year old now has 194 career minor league home runs, the 10th most among active players. Pascucci trails Albuquerque's OF MICHAEL RESTOVICH by four homers to move up to ninth place.
BEST IN BASEBALL: INF MIKE HESSMAN has regained his spot as baseball's top run producer. With his 11th home run of the season last night, Hessman collected his 39th RBI. That total is one ahead of L.A. Dodgers' OF ANDRE EITHER for the most in baseball. He leads Indy's INF PEDRO ALVERAZ by three for the International League lead. Hessman also leads the IL in slugging percentage (.664) and is tied for the top spot in home runs (11).
HIT MACHINE: OF JESUS FELICIANO'S league-leading average is up to .357 following a pair of hits last night. The outfielder has three multi-hit efforts in his last five games. Combined with his team-MVP season in 2009, Feliciano has now hit .318 in 162 games as a Bison. That qualifies as the second-highest average in the club's Modern Era, behind only OF DAVE CLARK (.327).
SOLID SOUTHPAW: LHP PAT MISCH has allowed three earned runs or fewer in five of his six starts with the club this year. He's coming off a season-high seven strikeouts in a no-decision on Monday in Louisville. Misch has three quality starts to his name and the Bisons are 5-1 when he's on the mound.
METS UPDATE: The Mets (18-18) lost to the Marlins, 7-2, last night in Florida. Former Bisons LHP OLIVER PEREZ allowed four home runs in 3.1 innings to fall to 0-3 on the season. OF ANGEL PAGAN doubled and plated both New York runs. The Mets were held to four hits for the second straight night. Game three of the four-game set is scheduled for 7:10 p.m. tonight.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 15, 2010
- Orioles Option INF Rhyne Hughes to Triple-A Norfolk - Norfolk Tides
- Syracuse hands PawSox a 6-4 win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Duo Doubles Up Tribe In Toledo 7-3 Victory - Indianapolis Indians
- G-Braves' Resop allows only 1 hit in 4-1 win - Gwinnett Stripers
- Durham Wins Fourth Straight Behind Shealy Slam - Durham Bulls
- Eighth inning errors lead PawSox past Chiefs - Pawtucket Red Sox
- IronPigs Game Notes on May 15, 2010 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Lineups for Columbus Vs. Durham - Columbus Clippers
- Red Wings to Honor RIT Mens Hockey Team on May 17 - Rochester Red Wings
- Syracuse Game Notes - Syracuse Mets
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo Bisons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Blue Jays Add Former World Series Champ in Rzepczynski
- Save the Date: Bisons Family Day Open House Set for Saturday, March 21
- Blue Jays Add Veteran Petricka with Minor League Deal
- Pearson, Snead, Tice Among Seven 2019 Bisons Invited to Blue Jays Camp.
- 'Season Starter' Pack Includes Opening Day, 75% in Savings