Syracuse hands PawSox a 6-4 win
The PawSox cashed in on three consecutive Syracuse errors in the bottom of the eighth inning and defeated the first place Chiefs 6-4 on Saturday night in front of 9059 fans at McCoy. It was the fifth consecutive Pawtucket victory. Dusty Brown got the offense rolling with a three run homer in the bottom of the sixth, to erase a 2-0 Chiefs' lead.
Trailing 4-3 in the eighth, Aaron Bates singled, Daniel Nava singled and Brown popped out. Jorge Jimenez reached on an error by first baseman Josh Whitesell. Whitesell sailed a throw into left field as he tried to trigger a 3-6-3 double play. On the next play Niuman Romero popped up a squeeze bunt and pitcher Jason Bergmann dropped it. On the following play, Bubba Bell reached on the third straight error, a miscue by Pete Orr. The ensuing play would have been yet another error but second baseman Luis Ordaz got a force at second after dropping a pop fly. When the dust settled it was 6-4, PawSox.
T.J. Large made a spot start in place of injured Randor Bierd and was brilliant, working 3.2 innings of shutout ball. Ramon Ramirez, Dustin Richardson, Scott Atchison (1-0) and Robert Manuel (S, 4) teamed up for the victory.
The series continues on Sunday afternoon at 1:05 p.m. Chuck James (2-1, 4.96) faces Adam Mills (1-3, 4.58).
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 15, 2010
- Orioles Option INF Rhyne Hughes to Triple-A Norfolk - Norfolk Tides
- Syracuse hands PawSox a 6-4 win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Duo Doubles Up Tribe In Toledo 7-3 Victory - Indianapolis Indians
- G-Braves' Resop allows only 1 hit in 4-1 win - Gwinnett Stripers
- Durham Wins Fourth Straight Behind Shealy Slam - Durham Bulls
- Eighth inning errors lead PawSox past Chiefs - Pawtucket Red Sox
- IronPigs Game Notes on May 15, 2010 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Lineups for Columbus Vs. Durham - Columbus Clippers
- Red Wings to Honor RIT Mens Hockey Team on May 17 - Rochester Red Wings
- Syracuse Game Notes - Syracuse Mets
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo Bisons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.