Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Louisville (1:05 p.m.)
May 19, 2019 | 1:05 p.m. ET | Sahlen Field | Buffalo, NY | Game # 40| Home Game # 21
BUFFALO BISONS (16-22, 4th, -6.5 North) vs. LOUISVILLE BATS (17-25, 3rd, -7.0 West)
RHP Andrew Sopko (0-0, 0.00) vs. RHP Lucas Sims (2-0, 4.23)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, TuneIn App, Bisons.com TV: MiLB.tv
This afternoon the Bisons will look to sweep Louisville in the third and final game of the series. Following an off-day on Monday, the Herd will travel east along the I-90 to face division rival Rochester before heading to Allentown, PA to square off against the IronPigs.
Last Game: BUF 4, LOU 3
Roemon Fields stole the show (literally and figuratively) to help the Bisons win their second straight game. The speedy outfielder hit an RBI triple off the wall in the third and touched the plate twice himself while additionally stealing his fifth bag of the season. He also flashed the leather making a leaping catch into the wall.
The Bisons and Louisville Bats did not meet in Downtown Buffalo in 2018. The three-game series in April was wiped out due to inclement weather in the Queen City. As a result, one game was made up at Louisville Slugger Field in July, while two games were cancelled. The Bats won three of the four meetings that took place in Kentucky.
Andrew Sopko makes his second start in a Bisons uniform. The righty tossed 5.2 innings in the no-decision in his Triple-A debut Tuesday vs Gwinnett. He has gotten at least 15 outs in each of his seven starts this season between Buffalo and Double-A New Hampshire.
Outfielder Roemon Fields helped contribute to the Bisons' win both in the field and at the plate on Saturday afternoon. Fields tracked a ball down at the will in right center field for the Herd, and added an RBI at the dish. Fields now has six RBI, in addition to five steals. The speedster now has 75 steals in his Bisons career, trailing only Dave Roberts (97) in the Modern Era.
Andy Burns had one of the team's two multi-hit games in the win over Louisville on Saturday afternoon. The infielder has had two hits in both games this series.
Anthony Alford extended his hitting streak to seven games with a base hit in the third inning. The outfielder is batting .296 (8-27) in the span.
Blue Jays Update
Toronto (18-27) dropped a rain-shortened contest 4-1 yesterday afternoon. Ryan Feierabend recorded a complete game despite only tossing four inning for the loss. This was his first start in the majors since 2008, where his then Seattle Mariners faced Vladimir Guerrero and the Angels. Trent Thornton squares off against Reynaldo Lopez as the Jays look to split the series at Guaranteed Rate Field. First pitch is scheduled for 2:10 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 19, 2019
- Believe in Magic: Hens Home May 28 - June 2 - Toledo Mud Hens
- Wings Hit Four Homers to Snap Losing Streak Sunday - Rochester Red Wings
- Long Ball Hurts Bulls in Loss - Durham Bulls
- Tides Top Tribe in Series Finale, 8-4 - Indianapolis Indians
- Knights get series win over IronPigs - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Knights Top Pigs 6-4 to Finish Homestand - Charlotte Knights
- Tebow Hits First Triple-A Home Run, But Mets Lose to Clippers, 8-2 - Syracuse Mets
- Bats Win 7-3 over Bisons Behind Power of O'Grady - Buffalo Bisons
- Stripers' Winning Streak Snapped with 5-4 Loss in Pawtucket - Gwinnett Stripers
- Hens Beat RailRiders and Rain on Sunday - Toledo Mud Hens
- O'Grady Clubs 3 Home Runs in 7-3 Bats Win - Louisville Bats
- Toledo Edges RailRiders as Rain Shortens Game - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Holt Homers as PawSox Salvage Series Finale - Pawtucket Red Sox
- A Mixing Pot in the Tribe Clubhouse - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (22-17) vs. Norfolk Tides (19-21) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (17-25) at Buffalo Bisons (16-22) - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Louisville (1:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Richard Impresses as Bisons Top Bats, 4-3 - Buffalo Bisons
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.