Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Rochester (7:05 p.m.)
August 22, 2019 | 7:05 p.m. ET | Frontier Field | Rochester, NY| Game # 129| Road Game # 66
BUFFALO BISONS (66-62, 3rd, -2.0 North) at Rochester Red Wings (64-64, 4th, -4.0 North)
LHP Tayler Saucedo (6-0, 4.17) vs RHP Kohl Stewart (7-5, 5.56)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, TuneIn App, Bisons.com TV: MiLB.tv
This evening, the Bisons take on the Rochester Red Wings for the last game of a four-game series at Frontier Field. Following the quick road trip, Buffalo will head home for a seven-game, two-series homestand against Pawtucket and Rochester.
Last Game: BUF 7, ROC 4
The Herd used another strong starting pitching performance to top Rochester on Wednesday night. LHP Anthony Kay went 6.0IP without allowing a run, increasing the total to 22.0 straight innings without allowing a run for the Bisons' starting rotation against the Red Wings. UTIL Patrick Kivlehan homered for the second straight day to ignite the offense once again.
Rochester Red Wings (6-5)
Buffalo and Rochester are meeting for the fifth time in the 2019 season, the third time and last time at Frontier Field. The teams met last month, 7/29-7/30, with each taking a win in the two-game series. The teams meet once more in Buffalo 8/26-8/29 to complete their season series within the IL North.
LHP Tayler Saucedo goes back into the rotation for Buffalo, making his seventh start and 24th overall appearance for the team in 2019. The lefty last worked four days ago in relief against Durham, with his last start coming on 8/10 at Columbus. The Herd is 5-1 in Saucedo's starts this year. His six overall wins are second on the team behind RHP Zach Jackson, who has nine.
Patrick Kivlehan crushed a home run out to left in the Bisons win against the Red Wings last night. This is his 27th home run of the season. Kivlehan is now tied for 5th in the IL in homers, while he also leads the team in HR and RBI.
RHP Anthony Kay notched his first win with the Herd in last night's 7-4 victory. The southpaw threw six shutout innings against the Red Wings, alowing just three hits and three walks, while fanned six batters in the win. After six strikeouts in last night's win, he now has 28 total after 22.0 IP.
The Bisons still sit in third in the IL North standings after last night's win, and remain two games behind the division leading Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders. The Herd's elimination number stands at 11, and is now also a game back of the Syracuse for second in the North after the Mets won their eighth game in a row last night.
Toronto (52-77) lost their second of three games this series against the Dodgers. The tying home run crushed by Rowdy Tellez in the ninth helped force extra innings. However, Max Muncy homered in the bottom of the 10th to give the Dodgers the 2-1 win. First pitch is scheduled for 10:10 p.m. tonight as RHP Jacob Waguespack starts the series finale tonight after allowing just six earned runs in over 21 innings in his last four outings. The Blue Jays head to Seattle to take on the Mariners in a quick three-game weekend series.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 22, 2019
- Wild-Card Leading Knights Sweep the Bulls, Win 4-2 on Thursday - Charlotte Knights
- Tough Night for Herd Ends in 20-3 Defeat - Buffalo Bisons
- Bulls Swept by Knights - Durham Bulls
- Indians Set Franchise Record for Strikeouts in 5-4 Loss - Indianapolis Indians
- PawSox Storm Back, Fall 4-3 to RailRiders - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Wings Wallop Bisons 20-3 - Rochester Red Wings
- King matches career-high with 11 strikeouts as RailRiders fan 16 Red Sox - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bats Fall 6-2 as Clippers Clinch Division Title - Louisville Bats
- Mets and IronPigs Suspended on Thursday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Toledo Takes Series with Win over Indianapolis - Toledo Mud Hens
- IronPigs and Mets Suspended - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (62-66) at Toledo Mud Hens (59-69) - Indianapolis Indians
- Stripers Rally Past Norfolk, 8-7 - Gwinnett Stripers
- One Out Away from Win, Tides Succumb to Rally - Norfolk Tides
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (53-75) at Columbus Clippers (74-54) - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Rochester (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Autographs Revealed for 'Mystery Ball Night' on August 27 - Buffalo Bisons
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Homestand Highlights: Stripers Host Norfolk Tides in Final Homestand of 2019 - Gwinnett Stripers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.