'Birds Drop Game Two to Staten Island
Aberdeen, M.D. - After getting shutout in game one against Staten Island. Aberdeen made game two close with a two run lead early. After Staten Island tied it, a leadoff homer in the 9th was all they needed for a 4-3 victory.
W: Barrett Loseke
L: Malachi Emond
4th inning: Already trailing 1-0, Aberdeen sparked the offense. Toby Welk and Andrew Daschbach got it started with singles. Joey Ortiz and Andrew Fregia followed with a pair of RBIs, with a run scoring on a balk as well.
6th inning: Ezequiel Duran drilled his second triple of the night, and two runs came home to tie the game.
Top of the 9th: Duran led it off with a solo homer, which proved to be the game winning run for Staten Island.
NEWS AND NOTES
Aberdeen dropped their eight in a row, the longest losing streak this season. They have given up a tie or the lead in the 7th or later in four of the eight losses
Through 54 games, Aberdeen is 28-26, they have won just one game in the month of August.
IronBirds vs. Staten Island Yankees, Saturday, 6:05 P.M.
Leidos Field at Ripken Stadium - Aberdeen, M.D.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from August 9, 2019
- 'Birds Drop Game Two to Staten Island - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Big Innings Lead Renegades to 9-1 Victory over 'Cats - Tri-City ValleyCats
- Black Bears Walk-Off on Williamsport - West Virginia Black Bears
- Tigers Fall in Second Contest at Brooklyn - Connecticut Tigers
- Pages Drives Grilled Stickies to 5-3 Win over Muckdogs - State College Spikes
- Renegades Trounce T'Error'Ble Cats - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Cyclones Maul the Tigers, 12-1 - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Vermont's Five-Run Third Inning Fells Spinners Friday Night - Lowell Spinners
- Black Bears Stun Cutters in Late Comeback - Williamsport Crosscutters
- 5-Run 3rd Leads Vermont To 5-2 Win At Lowell - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Pitching Falters as Doubledays Fall to Scrappers - Auburn Doubledays
- Doubleheader Ends in Double Wins for Black Bears - West Virginia Black Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.