Big Innings Lead Renegades to 9-1 Victory over 'Cats
FISHKILL, NY - The ValleyCats couldn't contain Hudson Valley's offense, as the Gades used two big innings and six ValleyCats miscues to aid them in a 9-1 victory at Dutchess Stadium in Fishkill on Friday night.
Kyle Serrano (0-3) took the loss for the 'Cats, allowing four earned runs in one and two thirds innings. The Renegades scored five runs in the second inning off of Serrano, with Pedro Diaz delivering the big blow, a three run shot to right center field.
The ValleyCats defense committed six errors on the night, accounting for four unearned runs. The only run for the 'Cats came in the third inning, when Evan McKendry's wild pitch scored Luis Santana.
Each batter in the Renegades lineup reached base in the game, as Hudson Valley have now taken the first three games of the series from the 'Cats.
One of the lone bright spots for the 'Cats was pitcher Manny Ramirez, who struck out eight across three and two thirds innings of relief.
On Saturday the ValleyCats will look to salvage the final game, as they send RHP Edgardo Sandoval to the hill. Left-hander Jacob Lopez takes the ball for the Renegades.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from August 9, 2019
- 'Birds Drop Game Two to Staten Island - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Big Innings Lead Renegades to 9-1 Victory over 'Cats - Tri-City ValleyCats
- Black Bears Walk-Off on Williamsport - West Virginia Black Bears
- Tigers Fall in Second Contest at Brooklyn - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Pages Drives Grilled Stickies to 5-3 Win over Muckdogs - State College Spikes
- Renegades Trounce T'Error'Ble Cats - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Cyclones Maul the Tigers, 12-1 - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Vermont's Five-Run Third Inning Fells Spinners Friday Night - Lowell Spinners
- Black Bears Stun Cutters in Late Comeback - Williamsport Crosscutters
- 5-Run 3rd Leads Vermont To 5-2 Win At Lowell - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Pitching Falters as Doubledays Fall to Scrappers - Auburn Doubledays
- Doubleheader Ends in Double Wins for Black Bears - West Virginia Black Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.