Beloit Spoils Return Home
After a 6-4 road trip, the Bees return to Community Field was not a great one, as they managed just four hits against Beloit and fell 2-1.
Chad Sykes took the loss in relief, allowing a run in the top of the ninth. After giving up a leadoff single, Sykes got a fly out to left, but walked the next batter. Another fly out made it two down. Nick ward then drove a single to right scoring what proved to be the winning run for the Snappers.
Designated hitter Ryan Vega collected two hits for Burlington, including an RBI double. That hit sent Harrison Wenson home with the tying run at the time. Wenson had started the frame with a pop up double down the right field line, his 17th of the year.
The Bees had their opportunities, but left 7 men on base, and were 1-10 with runners in scoring position.
Keith Rogalla, continuing on the comeback trail, went 5 solid innings. Beloit scored a run on 4 hits off the righty. He walked one and struck out 6 in his longest outing in two years.
The team meet for the second game of the four-game set at 2 PM on Sunday.
Images from this story
Burlington Bees pitcher Keith Rogalla
(Bees Media Relations)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 24, 2019
- Favorable Firsts - Great Lakes Loons
- Five-Run Fifth Helps Bandits Open Series with 8-2 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Chiefs Blow Another Save, Get Walked Off In Iowa - Peoria Chiefs
- Winning Streak Stopped at Four - Clinton LumberKings
- Beloit Spoils Return Home - Burlington Bees
- Dragons One-Hit Captains - Lake County Captains
- Lugnuts Unable to Manage Loons' Mischief - Lansing Lugnuts
- Hot Rods Drop 2-1 Nail-Biter to Cubs to Open Series - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Three Dragons Pitchers Combine for One-Hit Shutout in 3-0 Win - Dayton Dragons
- Cardiac Kernels Walk off against Chiefs - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Drop Series Opener at West Michigan - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Rattlers Beat Clinton 4-1 to Pick Up Ground in Playoff Chase - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Byron Buxton to Rehab with Kernels Starting Sunday - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes for Saturday, August 24 - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 24 at West Michigan (Game 129) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lopez Lifts Lugnuts in 10th, 5-4 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Rattlers Complete Sweep of Bees with 8-2 Win - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cubs Can't Complete Comeback and Drop Finale to Lugnuts 5-4 - South Bend Cubs
- Ex-Captain Cardenas Stuns Lake County - Lake County Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.