Bees Drop Series Finale 7-2 to Timber Rattlers
Things were strange on the mound for the Bees on Friday night. When it ended Burlington took a 7-2 loss to Wisconsin. The T-Rats took two of the three games in the short series.
The Bees used five additional pitchers after All-Star Robinson Pina could not make it out of the first inning. He threw 34 pitches in just two thirds of the first. He left the game down 3-0 for Parker Joe Robinson.
Robinson allowed 3 runs on six hits through three and a third frames. The side-armer ran into trouble in the top of the fifth. He gave up three consecutive singles and a run to open the inning. Chad Sykes came in from the pen.
Sykes gave up an RBI ground out and a run scoring single before retiring the side. Bees down 6-1. The 2019 draftee went 1.2 innings. He allowed the first run against his record since joining the team, 4 hits and a walk. He did not strike anyone out.
Greg Veliz took over for Sykes in the sixth for the final out. He would go two and a third innings of no run, no hit ball. He struck out four.
With Burlington down 7-1, Manager Jack Howell determined to save his bullpen sending designated hitter/first baseman Connor Fitzsimons to the mound to start the ninth. Fitzsimons threw one fastball behind the first Wisconsin hitter he saw and winced in pain. He was done for the game, and having given up the DH spot to have him throw, Howell went to outfielder Rayneldy Rosario to end the end. Rosario threw the full inning. He gave up two walks, struck out one and finished an ugly game for the Bees.
Keinner Pina had one RB on two hits, including a double. Kevin Maitan drove in the other Bees run.
Images from this story
Keinner Pina of the Burlington Bees
(Bees Media Relations)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 9, 2019
- Hot Rods Grab Series Win - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Kane County Wins Back-And-Forth Finale - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cougars' Homestand Comes up Roses - Kane County Cougars
- Captains Swept by Loons to End Road Trip - Lake County Captains
- Bees Drop Series Finale 7-2 to Timber Rattlers - Burlington Bees
- Losing Streak Snapped with 4-2 Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Rodriguez Spurs Lugnuts Romp in Debut - Lansing Lugnuts
- Clinton Takes Final Game from Treasure Hunters 4-2 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Rattlers Cruise to 7-2 Win in Burlington - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Schmid Leads Chiefs to Shutout Win - Peoria Chiefs
- Bats Go Quiet as Cubs Drop Finale to Lansing 12-2 - South Bend Cubs
- Peoria Narrowly Edges Beloit in Pitcher's Duel 2-0 - Beloit Snappers
- Hot Rods Take Rubber Match with 5-3 Friday Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Bust out the Brooms - Great Lakes Loons
- Another Sellout Crowd Celebrates Homestand Finale - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lloyd's Home Run on First Swing with Dragons Keys Dayton 6-1 Win - Dayton Dragons
- Lansing Lugnuts Place Two Arms on DL - Lansing Lugnuts
- Kernels Homestand Preview: August 10-12 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons on TV Saturday and Sunday on Dayton's CW - Dayton Dragons
- BG Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 9 vs. Dayton (Game 115) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons Homestand Preview: August 10-12 - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons to Feature "American Celebration Night" at Fifth Third Field on Saturday - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Cancel Saturday Post-Game Fireworks Show - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
- South Bend Cubs AnnounceÂ 2019 College Scholarship Winners - South Bend Cubs
- Greene Shines in 'Caps Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Big Fourth Inning Leads to 8-4 Cubs Win over Lugnuts - South Bend Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.