Beasts of the East Clash at SaskTel Centre Friday Night
Prince Albert Raiders (53-9-2-2) at Saskatoon Blades (44-14-8-0)
WHEN 7:00pm, March 15th
Stream WHL Live
Radio 98 COOL FM
App Apple | Android
Next Home Game March 22nd vs Moose Jaw
Social Media @BladesHockey | Facebook | Instagram
TALE OF THE TAPE
Prince Albert Raiders (53-9-2-2 - 110pts) 1st - East Division 1st - Eastern Conference PP- 56/253 = 22.1% (9th in WHL) PK- 243/279 = 87.1% (1st in WHL) Last 5: (4-1-0-0) Streak: (3-0-0-0)
Saskatoon Blades (44-14-8-0 - 96pts) 2nd - East Division 2nd - Eastern Conference PP- 63/286 = 22% (10th in WHL) PK- 184/226 = 81.4% (6th in WHL) Last 5: (5-0-0-0) Streak: (7-0-0-0)
The top two teams in the Eastern Conference open up a home-and-home series at SaskTel Centre to wrap up an eight game season series and close out the 2018-19 regular season schedule. The Blades enter on a seven game winning streak. Meanwhile, Prince Albert enters on a three game winning shutout streak after not allowing a single goal beating the Swift Current Broncos by a total of 20-0 in three contests last week. Neither team can move up or down in the standings, but the rivalry, pride, and momentum heading into the post-season should provide for a hostile weekend between both clubs.
The last game...
Saskatoon erased 2-0 and 3-1 deficits and scored the final four goals of the game on Sunday to defeat the Moose Jaw Warriors 5-3. Max Gerlach (39,40) and Gary Haden (30,31) each scored twice and added single assists for the Blades, Dawson Davidson (13) had the other goal and Nolan Maier made 21 saves for his 35th win of the season. Brandon Schuldhaus and Reece Harsch each had two assists from the backend.
Head to head...
The Blades are 1-4-1-0 in the season series and 1-1-1-0 at SaskTel Centre. The last meeting was a 5-2 loss in Prince Albert on January 5th. Dawson Davidson leads Saskatoon's offense in the series with 2G-3A... Cole Fonstad has 11 points for PA in the series. Nolan Maier earned Saskatoon's lone win against the Raiders, a 32 save shutout on December 9th. In the last 30 games the Blades are 23-3-3-0 (49pts) and the Raiders are 20-7-2-1 (43pts). Saskatoon's PP against Prince Albert is 6/28 (21.4%) and the PK is 18/21 (85.7%).
Max Gerlach is coming off a 3-point game and has five points in his last three outings. Dawson Davidson has goals in three straight games, and Nolan Maier has won his last five starts. In those last five starts, Maier stat line is: .940SV% - 1.80GAA - 2SO - 5-0-0-0.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from March 15, 2019
- Raiders Taking on Rebels in Round One of 2019 WHL Playoffs - Prince Albert Raiders
- Tigers Dominate Ice 5-2 - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Raiders Drop Close Game In Saskatoon - Prince Albert Raiders
- Connor McClennon Named March's Player of the Month Presented by Jewels on Ninth - Kootenay Ice
- ICE Announce Eight Year-End Award Winners Prior to Sunday's Game - Kootenay Ice
- Vancouver Giants Announce 2018-19 Award Recipients - Vancouver Giants
- NEWS Pats Announce 2018/19 Individual Award Winners - Regina Pats
- Silvertips to Finish Regular Season with Largest Attendance Since 2010-11, Surpass Three Million Fans in Franchise History - Everett Silvertips
- Trey Fix-Wolansky Signs Entry Level Contract with Blue Jackets - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Game 67 at Kootenay - Medicine Hat Tigers
- ICE Clash with Tigers on Friday Night - Kootenay Ice
- Game Day Preview: Pats Host Wheat Kings in Final Home Game of 2018-19 Friday - Regina Pats
- Beasts of the East Clash at SaskTel Centre Friday Night - Saskatoon Blades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saskatoon Blades Stories
- WHL Announces Complete Eastern Conference Schedule for 2021-22 Regular Season
- Dach Drafted by Chicago Blackhawks in 2nd Round
- 2021 NHL Entry Draft: Who to Watch
- Former Captain Wouters Signs AHL Deal with Abbotsford Canucks
- Blades Hire Brennan Sonne as New Head Coach