ICE Clash with Tigers on Friday Night
Cranbrook, B.C. - The Kootenay ICE (12-44-7-3) host the Medicine Hat Tigers (34-26-4-2) for the third and final time this season on Friday, March 15.
Puck drop is scheduled for 7 p.m. MT.
ICE 2018-19 Club Leaders:
Goals: Jaeger White (27)
Assists: Peyton Krebs (48)
Points: Peyton Krebs (67)
PIMS: Davis Murray (67)
Plus/ Minus: Chase Hartje (-1)
Wins: Duncan McGovern (6)
The ICE are coming off of a 4-0 loss to the Edmonton Oil Kings on March 10. ICE goaltender Duncan McGovern stopped 23-of-27 shots. The Oil Kings got goals from Trey Fix-Wolansky, Quinn Benjafield, Scott Atkinson and Conner McDonald. Oil Kings goaltender Todd Scott blocked all 18 shots he faced for the shutout. The ICE were outshot 28-18. They went 0-for-6 on the power play, 3-for-5 on the penalty kill and won 31-of-67 face-offs.
The ICE have amassed 32 points, which is good for sixth in the Central Division and 11th in the Eastern Conference.
The ICE have a home record of 8-21-3-0.
'01-born forward Peyton Krebs is 13 goals away from 50 career WHL goals.
'98-born forward Jaeger White is eight goals away from 50 career WHL goals. ASSISTS
'01-born forward Peyton Krebs is 11 assists away from 100 career WHL assists.
'99-born defenceman Chase Hartje is eight assists away from 50 career WHL assists. GAMES
'01-born defenceman Zachary Patrick is five games away from 100 career WHL regular season games played.
'00-born defenceman Marco Creta is nine games away from 100 career WHL regular season games played. ICE STREAKS:
'02-born forward Connor McClennon has six points in his last six games (4G, 2A).
'01-born forward Peyton Krebs has five points in his last six games (0G, 5A).
'00-born forward Brad Ginnell has seven points in his last eight games (3G, 4A).
Tigers 2018-19 Club Leaders:
Goals: James Hamblin (33)
Assists: James Hamblin (43)
Points: James Hamblin (76)
PIMS: Cole Clayton (51)
Plus/ Minus: James Hamblin (+16)
Wins: Mads Sogaard (18)
The Medicine Hat Tigers visit the Kootenay ICE for the third and final time this season on Friday, March 15. With their victory over the Rebels on March 13, the Tigers have clinched a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Tonight's game is the final road game of the regular season for the Tigers. They play eight games in the month of March, tonight's is the seventh. Heading into tonight's game, the Tigers are fourth in the Central Division and seventh in the Eastern Conference.
The Tigers are coming off of a 7-4 victory over the Red Deer Rebels on March 13. The Tigers received three goals from Brett Kemp, two goals from Ryan Chyzowski and singles from James Hamblin and Logan Christensen. Goaltender Mads Sogaard stopped 24-of-28 shots. The Tigers outshot the Rebels 33-28. They went 2-for-3 on the power play, 1-for-2 on the penalty kill and won 33-of-67 face-offs.
The Tigers have collected 74 points, which is good for fourth in the Central Division and seventh in the Eastern Conference.
The Tigers have a road record of 15-16-1-1.
HEAD TO HEAD
The ICE and the Tigers meet six times during the 2018-19 regular season. The game on March 15 is the sixth and final time these two teams play. The last time these teams met was on February 6 in Cranbrook.
The ICE are 1-3-1-0 against the Tigers this season.
The ICE are 3-8-1-0 in the last 12 games against the Tigers at Western Financial Place. Overall, both home and away, the ICE are 4-19-2-1 in the last 26 games against the Tigers.
ICE v TIGERS COMPARISONS
CATEGORY ICE TIGERS
PP 49-284 (17.3%) 58-259 (22.4%)
PK 161-235 (68.7%) 150-196 (76.5%)
GOALS FOR 174 210
GOALS AGAINST 315 217
STREAK L-5 W-2
HOME RECORD 8-21-3-0 19-10-3-1
AWAY RECORD 4-23-4-3 15-16-1-1
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from March 15, 2019
- Raiders Taking on Rebels in Round One of 2019 WHL Playoffs - Prince Albert Raiders
- Tigers Dominate Ice 5-2 - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Raiders Drop Close Game In Saskatoon - Prince Albert Raiders
- Connor McClennon Named March's Player of the Month Presented by Jewels on Ninth - Kootenay Ice
- ICE Announce Eight Year-End Award Winners Prior to Sunday's Game - Kootenay Ice
- Vancouver Giants Announce 2018-19 Award Recipients - Vancouver Giants
- NEWS Pats Announce 2018/19 Individual Award Winners - Regina Pats
- Silvertips to Finish Regular Season with Largest Attendance Since 2010-11, Surpass Three Million Fans in Franchise History - Everett Silvertips
- Trey Fix-Wolansky Signs Entry Level Contract with Blue Jackets - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Game 67 at Kootenay - Medicine Hat Tigers
- ICE Clash with Tigers on Friday Night - Kootenay Ice
- Game Day Preview: Pats Host Wheat Kings in Final Home Game of 2018-19 Friday - Regina Pats
- Beasts of the East Clash at SaskTel Centre Friday Night - Saskatoon Blades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.