Beast Tame Growlers for Game Four Win
BRAMPTON, ONTARIO - Etienne Marcoux made 32 saves and Matt Petgrave had two points as the Beast defeated the Growlers 4-1 in game four.
The Brampton Beast took on the Newfoundland Growlers for game four of their opening round playoff series.
The Growlers took a stranglehold on the series after a double overtime win in game three, which took place on Tuesday night.
Brampton started off the night on the right foot and scored the opening goal for the second straight game.
With the Growlers in the box in the dying seconds of the first the Beast power play went to work. With the assistance of David Pacan and Aaron Luchuk, the puck was moved to David Vallorani, who sent a shot past Michael Garteig for a 1-0 Beast lead at 19:48.
The shots after the first period of play were in the favour of the Beast, who led 16-14 after 20 minutes of play.
The Beast continued their offensive attack in the second period with a goal from the aforementioned Luchuk.
The crafty forward tipped the shot past Garteig after Matt Petgrave sent the drive in from the blueline.
The second period belong to the Beast and the shots after 40 minutes of play were 31-20 in favour of the home side.
The third period began with the Growlers going on the attack. Hudson Elynuik got the visitors on the board at 1:15.
The Beast fought back and restored their two-goal lead with a wicked shot from Francois Beauchemin. The Quebec native walked into the zone and ripped a shot past Garteig to put the Beast up by a score of 3-1.
Brampton continued their assault and Daniel Ciampini scored to make it 4-1 Brampton at 19:18.
Both clubs engaged in some rough antics for most of the third, but at the end of the day, it was the Beast who came out the victors to the tune of 4-1. Marcoux picked up the win and finished with 32 saves.
Notes: Molson Three Stars 3) Ciampini (BRA) 2) Petgrave (BRA) 1) Marcoux (BRA) The Beast finished the contest two-for-eight on the man advantage. The Growlers finished one-for-three. Brampton and Newfoundland will renew hostilities for Game Five Saturday at 4:00 PM.
Series: Newfoundland leads the series 3-1
For more information or general media inquiries on the Brampton Beast please contact Anthony Fusco, Public Relations Coordinator at (905) 564-1684 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The Brampton Beast will be bringing their exciting brand of ECHL hockey back to the CAA Centre next season. Don't miss a minute of the action! 2018-19 Memberships are now available, join the club!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 18, 2019
- Beast Tame Growlers for Game Four Win - Brampton Beast
- Beast Force Game 5 as the Growlers Lose 4-1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Late Comeback Falls Short in Game 3 Loss to IceMen - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - April 18 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Tulsa's Murray Named ECHL General Manager of the Year - ECHL
- Rob Murray Named ECHL's General Manager of the Year - Tulsa Oilers
- Fejes Scores in Double OT to Give Solar Bears 4-3 Win and 2-1 Series Lead - Orlando Solar Bears
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on OT Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Defeat Grizzlies in OT - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Battle to 3-2 Overtime Win over Utah, Take Series Lead - Idaho Steelheads
- Fejes' Goal in Second OT Gives Orlando 2-1 Series Lead - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavs Take 2-1 Series Lead with Third Period Heroics - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.