Beach Bums Shutout in Finale at Lake Erie
AVON, OH- The Traverse City Beach Bums(34-43) stranded nine men on base as they drop today's afternoon tilt against the Lake Erie Crushers(42-36) by a 3-0 final score.
After the first two innings went scoreless, Lake Erie got on the board with a three-run home run by Dane Hutcheon in the third. Earlier, in the top of the third, the Beach Bums loaded the bases but couldn't score. They also had runners on first and second in the fourth but couldn't convert a run as they were shutout for the seventh time this season.
Alex Romero picked up the win for the Crushers, going six innings, giving up three hits and two walks while striking out 11. He improves to 8-6. Ken Knudsen suffered the loss to fall to 5-2. He gave up three runs on two hits and two walks in five innings of work. Kent Hasler retired all six men he faced, in two innings of work, for his second save of the season.
After two days off, the Beach Bums return home to take on the Washington Wild Things in a doubleheader on Wednesday to start a three game set. First pitch for game one is scheduled for 5:05pm and Tom Willms will have the call, starting with the Budweiser pregame show, at 4:45. You can listen along from anywhere in the world at TCBeachBums.com.
This Wednesday, we at the Beach Bums are excited to partner with Fudge by Design to bring you this one of a kind experience, a fudge tasting party at the ballpark, as the Bums take on the Washington Wild Things in a double header. Enjoy not only two baseball games, but the sampling of any number of crazy fudge flavors. Amongst the 65 flavor offerings are fan favorites such as: Birthday Cake, Chocolate Caramel Sea Salt, and Chocolate Turtle. If you're feeling a bit more daring you might try Maple Bacon, Root Beer Float, or even Chocolate Jalepeno! This is a night you and your taste buds will not soon forget! For information and tickets, go to TCBeachBums.com or call the office at (231) 943-0100.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from August 12, 2018
- Encina Dominates, Miners Come Back to Sweep Gateway - Southern Illinois Miners
- Rascals Roar Back for Series Win - River City Rascals
- Grizzlies Slide Continues with 4-1 Loss - Gateway Grizzlies
- Wild Things Drop Finale 13-2 - Washington Wild Things
- Bolts Salvage Finale in Washington with Big Win - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Otters Stave off Late Freedom Surge to Take Series - Evansville Otters
- Pitching Leads the Way in Crushers Win - Lake Erie Crushers
- Boomers Limited to One Hit in Another Shutout Defeat - Schaumburg Boomers
- Beach Bums Shutout in Finale at Lake Erie - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Freedom Split Twin Bill with Otters - Florence Freedom
- Bats Explode Early as Miners Top Grizzlies - Southern Illinois Miners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.