Barracuda Clipped By Canucks, 5-2
Abbotsford, B.C.- The San Jose Barracuda (6-9-1-0) fell to the Abbotsford Canucks (7-7-2) by a score of 5-2 on Sunday night at the Abbotsford Centre, splitting the weekend set after a 6-4 win on Saturday.
- Scott Reedy collected two assists and has points in five straight (5+3=8). The rookie forward has netted nine goals and six assists for 15 points in 14 games this season and now ranks sixth among AHL freshmen in scoring.
- Ryan Merkley scored his first goal of the year and his first over his last 31 AHL games. Merkley now has points in three consecutive contests (1+3=4).
- Sasha Chmelevski scored his second goal of the season and now has eight points (2+6=8) in 16 games played. He is currently on a three-game point streak (1+2=3). Chmelevksi's goal snapped an eight-game drought.
- Sheldon Dries scored twice for the Canucks. He currently leads the team in points with 19 (12+7=19) in 16 games played.
- Jarid Lukosevicius notched a goal and an assist for Abbotsford and now has seven points (4+3=7) in 17 games played.
- Spencer Martin (2-0-1-0) stopped 23 on 25 shots en-route to his second win of the season.
The Barracuda return to action on Tues. Dec. 7 at 6:30 p.m. against the Stockton Heat at the Stockton Arena and are back at home on Sat., Dec. 11 against the Canucks. All Saturday home games this season will feature $3 beers. For tickets go to SJBarracuda.com/tickets. Saturday is the team's annual Teddy Bear Toss game. For more info, CLICK HERE.
Join The Battery for the new home of the Barracuda, you can put down a $50 deposit on Ticketmaster (CLICK HERE). Submitting your deposit will secure your spot next season at the team's brand-new 4,200-seat arena which is set to open next Aug. Once you secure a membership, one of our team members will contact you.
Place your deposit by Dec. 12 and receive a complimentary two-day pass to the '22 NHL Rookie Faceoff which will be held at the Barracuda's future home. Contact us today at 408-999-5757 to speak to one of our representatives or email us at email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 5, 2021
- Barracuda Clipped By Canucks, 5-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- Canucks Win Big against Barracuda - Abbotsford Canucks
- Iowa Drops Sunday Matchup to Chicago, 4-0 - Iowa Wild
- Wolves Roll to Sixth Win in a Row - Chicago Wolves
- Holm Backtops Moose to 2-0 Decision over Belleville - Manitoba Moose
- Checkers Edge Islanders 3-2 - Bridgeport Islanders
- Denisenko Comes up Clutch in 3-2 Checkers Win - Charlotte Checkers
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Groulx - San Diego Gulls
- IceHogs Recall Defenseman Cliff Watson from Indy; Receive Wyatt Kalynuk from Blackhawks - Rockford IceHogs
- Defenseman Wyatt Kalynuk Assigned to the IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Look for Redemption against Laval - Toronto Marlies
- Barracuda Take Bite out of Canucks, Abby Loses 6-4 - Abbotsford Canucks
- Barracuda Snap Skid with Comeback Win over Canucks, 6-4 - San Jose Barracuda
- Reign Go to Shootout to Stop Bakersfield - Ontario Reign
- Stockton Edges Gulls, 3-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Roadrunners Split Series With 4-0 Loss To Colorado Eagles, Ending Win Streak At Four Games - Tucson Roadrunners
- Francouz's 27-Save Shutout Leads Colorado to 4-0 Win over Roadrunners - Colorado Eagles
- Heat Outlast Gulls Saturday for Weekend Sweep - Stockton Heat
- Five-Goal First Period Propels Griffins over Rockford - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Barracuda Stories
- San Jose Barracuda Announce Changes to Coaching Staff
- San Jose Barracuda Awarded 2024 American Hockey League All-Star Classic
- San Jose Barracuda Announce 2021-22 Team Award Winners
- Barracuda Finish Season with 5-2 Loss at Henderson
- Barracuda Sliced by Silver Knights, 6-4