Barber Poles Score Seven Unanswered to Beat Niagara 8-3
OTTAWA - After winning all of their three games last week, the Ottawa 67's started a three-in-three week end on the road in Niagara on Friday night, starting their road trip the right way with an 8-3 win over the Niagara IceDogs. The 67's were down 3-1 after the first 20 minutes, before scoring seven unanswered goals in periods two and three. Mitchell Hoelscher and Jack Quinn scored twice each, while Felix-Antoine Tourigny and Yanic Crete both scored their first OHL career goals. Alec Bélanger, Austen Keating and Marco Rossi were the other goal scorers for Ottawa.
67's forward Jack Quinn scored the game's first goal early on, finding the back of the net only 3:40 into the opening frame with his 8th of the season. Niagara however came back strong after Quinn initiated the scoring, with three back to back goals before the end of the period coming from the sticks of Akil Thomas (twice) and Giancarlo Chanton.
The Barber Poles' offense came up big in the second period, with a total of six goals. Felix-Antoine Tourigny benefited from some good fortune when the puck took a deflection off his skate and in the back of the net for his very first OHL goal. That opened the floodgates for Ottawa, who scored four more unanswered goals. Mitch Hoelscher, Alec Bélanger, Austen Keating and Marco Rossi were the ones to add to the scoreboard.
Two more goals were added by Ottawa in the third period, making it seven unanswered goals after being down 3-1. Jack Quinn added his second of the night, before Yanic Crete went on to also score his first career OHL goal before the end of the game, making it a final score of 8-3.
This win makes it four straight for the Barber Poles, who will carry on with their road trip as soon as tomorrow. The 67's will face the Erie Otters tomorrow night, before rounding out their three-in-three week end in Hamilton on Sunday afternoon. The team will be back on home ice on Friday, November 8th, when they host the Oshawa Generals for their second Toonie Beer Night of the season.
With a three point performance tonight (1G, 2A), Marco Rossi now extends his point streak to all nine games he has played this season, now totaling 23 points (5G, 18A).
Alec Bélanger, Marco Rossi and Jack Quinn all had three points in the win.
Ottawa dominated in the shots department, with 37 against 27.
Will Cranley earned his second win of the season with 24 saves on 27 shots.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 1, 2019
- Colts Beat Spirit in Shootout - Barrie Colts
- Sting Defeat Firebirds 7-5; Keep Hot Streak Going - Sarnia Sting
- Otters Rally for a Point, Fall in Overtime 7-6 - Erie Otters
- Attack Wrangle Rangers 5-2 on Friday Night - Owen Sound Attack
- Wolves Edge Troops - North Bay Battalion
- Spirit Earn Point in Late Two-Goal Rally - Saginaw Spirit
- Bulldogs Knot Season Series at One - Mississauga Steelheads
- Fronts Suffer 5-1 Loss to Hot Generals Power Play - Kingston Frontenacs
- Costantini Frustrates Steelheads Shooters In 4-2 Bulldogs Win - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rangers Lose to the Attack, 5-2 - Kitchener Rangers
- Defensive Collapse in the Second Period Leads to 8-3 Loss to the Ottawa 67's - Niagara IceDogs
- Barber Poles Score Seven Unanswered to Beat Niagara 8-3 - Ottawa 67's
- Artem Guryev Re-Assigned to Lindsay Muskies - Peterborough Petes
- Team Russia Roster Announced for 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series - OHL
- Defenseman Luke Beamish Retires from Otters - Erie Otters
- Gilmour Steps Down as President of Hockey Operations - Kingston Frontenacs
- IceDogs Acquire 2021 Pick from Otters - Niagara IceDogs
- Otters Acquire Overage Defenseman Drew Hunter - Erie Otters
- Spectra Unlocks the Chance to Win 2 Tickets to Every Event at the Tribute Communities Centre in 2020 - Oshawa Generals
- Spirit's Perfetti Named OHL West Division Academic Player of the Month - October - Saginaw Spirit
- OHL Announces Academic Players of the Month for October - OHL
- Dustin Hutton Claimed off Waivers - Peterborough Petes
- Fronts Add Dustin Hutton to Roster - Kingston Frontenacs
- Preview: Spirit Hold Trunk Or Treat Before Game against Colts Friday - Saginaw Spirit
- Weekend Preview - Steelheads Look to Rebound - Mississauga Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.