Balazovic Pitches Miracle Past Jupiter
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Jordan Balazovic hurled five shutout innings, as the Miracle blanked the Jupiter Hammerheads, 3-0, in the series opener on Thursday night at Hammond Stadium.
Balazovic (6-3), pitching for the first time since July 18, struck out nine. The right-hander recently returned from Lima, Peru where he helped Team Canada to a second place finish at the Pan-American Games.
Trey Cabbage opened the scoring in the bottom of the first with a sacrifice fly. The Miracle added single runs in the second and fourth.
The Miracle have recorded 18 shutout wins this season, one shy of tying the franchise record set back in 2016.
Tyler Watson tossed four scoreless innings of relief to earn his first professional save. The left-hander struck out six and did not walk a batter.
The four-game series continues from Fort Myers on Friday night. First pitch is slated for 7:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from August 8, 2019
- Shortridge Spins Gem in 4-1 Win over Dunedin - Bradenton Marauders
- Palma, Sands Homer in 5-4 Loss to Charlotte - Tampa Tarpons
- Bradenton Takes Game One - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Stone Crabs Take out Tarpons 5-4 - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Mets Mash Tortugas in Opener, 8-2 - Daytona Tortugas
- Mets Dominate Tortugas, 8-2 - St. Lucie Mets
- Balazovic Pitches Miracle Past Jupiter - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Stone Crabs Game Notes - Thu, August 8 at Tampa - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Moritz Mashes Lakeland in Loss, 4-0 - Florida Fire Frogs
- Marauders Welcome Blue Jays for Weekend Series - Bradenton Marauders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.