B-Sens Pepper 39 Shots on Net in 3-1 Loss to Amerks
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. - Francis Perron scored his first AHL goal in the third period to tie the game for the Binghamton Senators; however, the visiting Rochester Americans answered back late off the stick of Cole Schneider en route to a 3-1 win Saturday night.
The visiting Amerks took the lead just over midway through the first period on a rebound. The former Binghamton Senator, Schneider, dished a pass from behind the net to Cal O'Reilly who was stopped by B-Sens goaltender Matt O'Connor. O'Reilly picked up his own rebound and sent it over the left shoulder of O'Connor for a 1-0 lead at the 10:55 mark.
In the second period, Curtis Lazar slipped a puck behind Rochester goaltender Linus Ullmark; however, the goal was waved off for incidental contact with the goaltender. The B-Sens were unable to get on the board despite outshooting the Amerks 34-14 through 40 minutes.
The B-Sens finally broke through to tie the game with 7:41 left. Kyle Flanagan brought the puck into the offensive zone and fed Francis Perron to his left just over the blue line. Perron let a shot go that beat Ullmark over the left shoulder with 7:41 left in the game.
With time winding down in regulation, Rochester's Schneider struck to give the visiting Americans the lead for good. After a faceoff win by Binghamton's Chad Nehring, Schneider went right out towards the blue line and took the puck down the left side of the ice. At the bottom of the left-wing circle, Schneider beat O'Connor on the blocker side with 44.6 seconds left in the game for a 2-1 lead.
After Binghamton put an extra attacker on the ice, Rochester forward Dan Catenacci took the puck in the neutral zone and sent it into the empty net for the two-goal lead and sealed the victory for the Americans. Binghamton poured 39 shots on net in the loss and O'Connor stopped 21 of 23 shots.
The B-Sens begin a busy week on Wednesday in Utica to face the Comets at 7:05 p.m. before returning home on Friday, October 28, to battle the Syracuse Crunch at 7:05 p.m. The following night, Binghamton hits the road to take on the Hershey Bears at 7:00 p.m.
Affordable ticket packages for the 2016-17 season of Binghamton Senators hockey are on sale now! For more information on tickets, including pricing and location, visit www.binghamtonsenators.com or call the Senators front office at 607-722-SENS(7367).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 22, 2016
- TEXAS STARS MEDIA RELEASE - Stars Lose to San Diego, 5-4 - Texas Stars
- Over 6,000 Watch Condors Battle in 2-1 Loss to Tucson - Bakersfield Condors
- Exciting Third-Period Rally Yields Overtime Standings Point - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Griffins off to Best Start in Eight Years - Grand Rapids Griffins
- WOLF PACK GAME RECAP - Hartford Wolf Pack 5, Lehigh Valley Phantoms 4 OT - Hartford Wolf Pack
- GAME RECAP: Checkers Fall 2-1 in Iowa - Charlotte Checkers
- Wild Bounces Back, Beat Checkers 2-1 - Iowa Wild
- Wolves Roar Back to Earn First Win - Chicago Wolves
- MONSTERS GAME SUMMARY: Monsters Mount Furious Comeback in 3-2 Loss - Cleveland Monsters
- B-Sens Pepper 39 Shots on Net in 3-1 Loss to Amerks - Binghamton Senators
- ICECAPS RECAP | IceCaps Drop 5-4 OT Decision to Thunderbirds - St. John's IceCaps
- RECAP: Kevin Porter Leads Penguins Past Crunch, 3-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Downed by Penguins, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Manitoba Moose Recap - Manitoba Moose
- Albany Devils Rewrite Albany's AHL History Books - Albany Devils
- Comets Struggles Versus Devils Continue - Utica Comets
- Reign Goaltenders to Make Hockey History Tonight - Ontario Reign
- Kings Recall Goaltender Jack Campbell from Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Eriksson Ek Recalled to Minnesota, Reilly Assigned to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Coyotes Assign Tinordi to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Condors Home Opener Is Tonight at 6 p.m. - Bakersfield Condors
- Rockford Takes on Milwaukee in Home Opener - Rockford IceHogs
- Game Day: Albany Devils Put Multiple Streaks on the Line - Albany Devils
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Opening Weekend Celebration Continues Tonight vs. San Jose - Ontario Reign
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Opening Weekend Celebration Continues - Ontario Reign
- Griffins Assign Caito to Walleye - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Defenseman Maxim Lamarche Returned to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Ethan Prow Reassigned to Penguins from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Blue Jackets Recall Milano, Assign Bjorkstrand - Cleveland Monsters
- Brodzinsky Scores Game Winner as Ontario Edges Stars in OT, 6-5 - Ontario Reign
- Stars Rally to Earn Point in Overtime - Texas Stars
- Power Play Carries Rockford to 2-1 Win in Grand Rapids - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.