Aviators take series from El Paso
ROBSTOWN, TEXAS - The Aviators took three games from the El Paso Diablos in a four game series. Excellent pitching off-set the heavy hitting Diablos, sending El Paso on the road with a 1-3 record.
Ricky Stover picked up the win after going six and two third innings, allowing only one earned run in the 2-1 decision. El Paso doubled up the Aviators in hits 8-4, but were unable to come through with runners in scoring position. Joslin Ramirez picked up the loss in the effort, falling to 0-1 on the season.
For the second consecutive game, Stephen Morales came through with a clutch hit in the second inning. Jeff Ontiveros led off the inning with a base hit before Morales homered out to leftfield.
Join the Avaitors tomorrow night as the Pensacola Pelicans come to begin a four game series. Call 361-387-8585 for all ticketing needs, or visit the ticket office at the ballpark.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from May 15, 2006
- Canaries split inter-state doubleheader - Sioux Falls Canaries
- American Association Recaps - AA
- Sioux City-Sioux Falls Recap Game #1 - AA
- Aviators take series from El Paso - Coastal Bend Aviators
- American Association Players of the Week announced - AA
- Sports home opener Tuesday - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
- Brian Doyle-Murray Will Be in St. Joe - St. Joseph Blacksnakes
- Blacksnakes Can't Hold Canaries Down - St. Joseph Blacksnakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.