Austin Spurs Fall to Raptors 905 116-113
?SAN ANTONIO, Texas - The Austin Spurs (17-26), presented by SWBC, fell to the Raptors 905 (27-18), 116-113, at the AT&T Center in San Antonio. This is the fourth time in team history that the Austin Spurs have competed in San Antonio.
San Antonio Spurs assignee Lonnie Walker IV scored a team-high 22 points (8-19 FG, 2-3 3FG). Two-way player Drew Eubanks notched a double-double with 17 points (7-10 FG, 3-4 FT) and 12 rebounds, while Travis Trice contributed 19 points (7-20 FG) and a game-high nine assists.
After finding themselves behind 27-17 at the conclusion of the first quarter, the Silver and Black answered with a 17-7 run to tie the contest midway through the second. Trading runs resulted in a 48-48 tie heading into the break.
A competitive second half featured 11 ties and 11 lead changes. The Spurs were able to gain a one-point advantage at the end of the third period, but the 905 would stretch their lead to as many as 11 points in the final quarter.
San Antonio Spurs assignee Lonnie Walker IV nailed two clutch three-point shots to keep the Silver and Black within striking distance, and a late four-point-play from Travis Trice cut the deficit to just one point with 6.1 seconds left to play. The 905 knocked down their final shot and held on for a 116-113 win.
For the 905, Jordan Loyd led scoring with 38 points (9-15 FG, 4-6 3FG, 16-16 FT). Derek Cooke Jr. recorded a double-double of 16 points and 14 rebounds.
?The Spurs will be back in Austin tomorrow on Friday, March 9 to take on the Stockton Kings. For further information and tickets, visit www.austinspurs.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 8, 2019
- Austin Spurs Fall to Raptors 905 116-113 - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall 109-94 to the Memphis Hustle Tonight in Southaven - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Hustle Take Down First Place Warriors for Crucial Victory - Memphis Hustle
- Vipers Defeat the Kings at Home - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Long Island Nets Clinch First Playoff Berth in Franchise History with Win over Maine - Long Island Nets
- Drive Stay Hot with Fourth Straight Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- BayHawks Fall to Drive - Erie BayHawks
- Mad Ants' Team Effort Leads Fort Wayne to Win against Lakeland - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Nets Cut Down Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Tahjere McCall Rejoins Long Island Nets - Long Island Nets
- Herd Acquires Trae Bell-Haynes - Wisconsin Herd
- "Bucks Takeover" Scheduled for Wisconsin Herd Game on March 11 - Wisconsin Herd
- Elie Okobo Assigned to Northern Arizona Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Detroit Pistons Assign Khyri Thomas and Svi Mykhailiuk to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- South Bay Sails by Clippers in Home Victory - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.